The Student Room Group

I dunno what to do

My depression takes all the energy out of me and all the energy I do have goes towards my anxiety that i also struggle with in certain situations,I've been missing PE due do a hurt leg from me doing sport outside of school and the teacher let me miss it for a few weeks,she started to get me back into doing PE at the worse time were I'm stressed for GCSE next year,I'm upset as my cat dies,my mental issues are all over the place along with my grades and I refused to do it,I say it's because of my leg and she says "but your arms dont hurt do they" i know that's true but I dont want to be getting changed(which I hate doing as I'm so insecure so have to get changed in bathroom-ik gross)just to do a little arm exersizes which is nothing I do compared to outside of school.i do sports outside of school and 2 I love is kickboxing and recently started the gym which is pretty intense!I said to her I dont want to be doing exersizes with weights while everyone is doing something else and it makes me look/feel so stupid!Also I have not got the energy to do it...my dad wants to take me to the doctor to possibly get something to help me sleep better as I've been lacking sleep even though I'm so tierd I can sleep before 1 and I wake up at 6 every morning and walk to school which takes an hour or so,I dont want to be ungrateful as I understand that people have to do stuff they dont like to do sometimes but it makes me mentally I'll and physically in pain putting myself through and she said if I dont do it I get a detention which im actually okay with and I dont know what to do
Original post by Zoe WIlkins
My depression takes all the energy out of me and all the energy I do have goes towards my anxiety that i also struggle with in certain situations,I've been missing PE due do a hurt leg from me doing sport outside of school and the teacher let me miss it for a few weeks,she started to get me back into doing PE at the worse time were I'm stressed for GCSE next year,I'm upset as my cat dies,my mental issues are all over the place along with my grades and I refused to do it,I say it's because of my leg and she says "but your arms dont hurt do they" i know that's true but I dont want to be getting changed(which I hate doing as I'm so insecure so have to get changed in bathroom-ik gross)just to do a little arm exersizes which is nothing I do compared to outside of school.i do sports outside of school and 2 I love is kickboxing and recently started the gym which is pretty intense!I said to her I dont want to be doing exersizes with weights while everyone is doing something else and it makes me look/feel so stupid!Also I have not got the energy to do it...my dad wants to take me to the doctor to possibly get something to help me sleep better as I've been lacking sleep even though I'm so tierd I can sleep before 1 and I wake up at 6 every morning and walk to school which takes an hour or so,I dont want to be ungrateful as I understand that people have to do stuff they dont like to do sometimes but it makes me mentally I'll and physically in pain putting myself through and she said if I dont do it I get a detention which im actually okay with and I dont know what to do

One of the things that really helps me when I'm overwhelmed or stressed is writing all my worries down on a piece of paper. I know it won't make the problems go away but it helps calm you down and get your brain in order. If you do it every night before you go to bed, it might help you sleep better too, but I don't know for certain because I'm no expert (sorry). Also if you write down good things about yourself (sorry, I know it sounds cringy), it might help you feel more confident.
With P.E- does the teacher know you are doing sport outside of school? Is it possible to get your dad or someone to write a note excusing you from p.e so you can use that time to revise instead? I know every school has different rules so I don't know if your school will let you but it might be worth a shot.
Also I know people say that sport is good for mental health but by doing a sport you don't like, it won't help at all. Is there a choice of sports you can do in p.e or do you have to do a specific one?
Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending