The Student Room Group

Covid 19 Impact on the RAF Recruitment Application Process

Scroll to see replies

Adam,

Thank you.

AT
Apparently OASC boards are restarting soon, but only for the priority branches. Others will have to wait until the end of the year / start of 2021.
Do you know what branches they are classing as priority?
Reply 43
Original post by Turbo321
Apparently OASC boards are restarting soon, but only for the priority branches. Others will have to wait until the end of the year / start of 2021.

Hi

Everything is looked at case by case for all roles. There are slots on every IOT for every role as required from a manning/training perspective. When you consider that each IOT is six months long then requirements for all branches are needed through every course. There can be flexibility for number for different branches if required, but there will be entry for other roles too.

If you're awaiting an IOT date it will be worked back from potential phase two dates where possible, so your entry date will adjust accordingly.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
@RAF_Adam: Is there any envisioned start back dates for OASC yet?
Reply 45
Original post by Smudger166
@RAF_Adam: Is there any envisioned start back dates for OASC yet?

Hi

OASC re-started last week in a limited capacity. If you're in the process for it you'll be contacted and advised on your own dates as soon as they're available to you.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Original post by RAF_Adam
Hi

OASC re-started last week in a limited capacity. If you're in the process for it you'll be contacted and advised on your own dates as soon as they're available to you.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Scholar and a gentleman, many thanks!
Hello @RAF_Adam,

Is there any news on when the fitness tests are restarting?
Reply 48
Original post by Samb1100
Hello @RAF_Adam,

Is there any news on when the fitness tests are restarting?

Hi

It's being worked on now, although it's unlikely before the middle of next month (August), but I'll update as soon as I have more information. It hinges on space, availability of equipment and covid safety and restrictions etc. You'll all know when I do!

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 49
Update - Fitness Tests will restart week commencing August 10th.
Hi @RAF_Adam

I'm currently waiting for a new date for my OASC, which was original scheduled for April. Since boards are now up and running, albeit it in branch priority order, can you tell me how much notice people are getting when their branch becomes open to OASC boards again?
The only reason I ask is because I need to give my employer at least 4 weeks notice for the time off.

Many thanks
Hi, I have my fitness test next week 😀. Am I right in thinking there is no prtc and it's straight to basic training? Or have I read that wrong. Also, I'm doing cyberspace communications, just wondering when the training is likely to take place or if anyone has brtc dates already. I applied last march and it's been a long one. TIA.
Original post by Jconny02
Hi, I have my fitness test next week 😀. Am I right in thinking there is no prtc and it's straight to basic training? Or have I read that wrong. Also, I'm doing cyberspace communications, just wondering when the training is likely to take place or if anyone has brtc dates already. I applied last march and it's been a long one. TIA.

Afternoon,

I believe all PRFV’s (used to be PRTC) for the foreseeable are no longer taking place.
On successful completion of your fitness test - you should then be allocated a BRTC date.

@RAF_Adam is the best person to clarify however - all up to date information is also available on the RAF careers website.

Best of luck with your fitness test.
Original post by user_name1234
Afternoon,

I believe all PRFV’s (used to be PRTC) for the foreseeable are no longer taking place.
On successful completion of your fitness test - you should then be allocated a BRTC date.

@RAF_Adam is the best person to clarify however - all up to date information is also available on the RAF careers website.

Best of luck with your fitness test.

Thank you. I shall await Adam
Reply 54
Original post by Jconny02

Hi

As far as I'm aware there are still no PRFV slots being booked. With regards to your own dates of entry for BRTC, it will depend entirely on the role you've applied for as it will be worked back from your potential phase two dates. You'll be advised as soon as you're allocated a date.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
All the very best for your fitness test.

Hi Adam, I just need some clarity around the response time. I had submitted my application at the end of May and it's been 'under review' since. Though, I can surely understand that there are delays due to COVID, when can I expect a response or dates for my AST, fitness and so on.

I suppose I might find out at the end of the year, within the portal.

For context: I had applied for the Photographer role.

I look forward to any guidance and advice.

Thank you
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by kunalb94
All the very best for your fitness test.

Hi Adam, I just need some clarity around the response time. I had submitted my application at the end of May and it's been 'under review' since. Though, I can surely understand that there are delays due to COVID, when can I expect a response or dates for my AST, fitness and so on.

I suppose I might find out at the end of the year, within the portal.

For context: I had applied for the Photographer role.

I look forward to any guidance and advice.

Thank you

Hi

Under normal circumstance your entire application process could take between 3-9 months. As I've stated previous on several occasions, the entire application process was put on hold in mid-March, some elements were re-open a couple of months ago, some, including medical and fitness tests, didn't re-start until late July/mid-August.

I really can't give you a specific timescale as there isn't one. There wouldn't be a specific one even without the covid 19 situation and its impact on the process, no one can.

What I can advise you, the same as everyone else, you'll be advised as soon as your application is processed via your candidate portal and you will be given dates for each stage of the application process as soon as your AFCO has them for you at every point. In the meantime, maintain your fitness as you could be called on to start the process at any time, so be ready for each element now, just in case.

We're aware that the delay has been frustrating for everyone in the process, but for candidate safety and to make sure everything we can put in place for that has been, there is a delay and a longer timescale for entry. Keep an eye on your candidate portal as that will give you all of the information throughout your application.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Original post by RAF_Adam
Hi

Under normal circumstance your entire application process could take between 3-9 months. As I've stated previous on several occasions, the entire application process was put on hold in mid-March, some elements were re-open a couple of months ago, some, including medical and fitness tests, didn't re-start until late July/mid-August.

I really can't give you a specific timescale as there isn't one. There wouldn't be a specific one even without the covid 19 situation and its impact on the process, no one can.

What I can advise you, the same as everyone else, you'll be advised as soon as your application is processed via your candidate portal and you will be given dates for each stage of the application process as soon as your AFCO has them for you at every point. In the meantime, maintain your fitness as you could be called on to start the process at any time, so be ready for each element now, just in case.

We're aware that the delay has been frustrating for everyone in the process, but for candidate safety and to make sure everything we can put in place for that has been, there is a delay and a longer timescale for entry. Keep an eye on your candidate portal as that will give you all of the information throughout your application.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Hi Adam, thank you for an encouraging response and it certainly cleared up a lot.

I shall be taking this time to thoroughly prepare and wish everyone all the best.

I will let you know if any further questions spring up.

Kind regards
Kunal
Reply 58
Unable to confirm this with anyone, but heard random comments from different people. Is the now reopened fitness test (after medical), limited to minimum effort, or is it still best effort? I was told by a couple of people a little further down the line than myself, due to a recent death(s) in USA fitness tests that its been put to minimum effort.

I believe the claim was, it had no link to Covid-19 but this thread still seems suitable.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by JT4444
Unable to confirm this with anyone, but heard random comments from different people. Is the now reopened fitness test (after medical), limited to minimum effort, or is it still best effort? I was told by a couple of people a little further down the line than myself, due to a recent death(s) in USA fitness tests that its been put to minimum effort.

I believe the claim was, it had no link to Covid-19 but this thread still seems suitable.

Had my Fitness test November 2019 and was told by the Instructor it was best effort; the exact words he said were “looks better for the boarding Officers if you can get above the minimum so push yourself to get what you can in the time limit”.

There was contrasting reports in the build up to my test were people had confirmed it was just the minimum score required however people also said they were told best effort.

Seems like it could be at discretion of the instructor.

Quick Reply

Latest