The Student Room Group

Coronavirus and uni

I am so stressed I won't get into my firm as my mock results wouldn't have got me in and now those are being used to calculate our a levels!!! Will the govt/unis be generous??
This is exactly what I am stressed about!! Which uni do you want to firm & Insure and what course are you applying to??
UCAS have said universities are going to be 'flexible' but I don't know how flexible they mean. Probably 1 grade, hopefully 2, 3 may be too much :s-smilie:
Original post by ganggang21
I am so stressed I won't get into my firm as my mock results wouldn't have got me in and now those are being used to calculate our a levels!!! Will the govt/unis be generous??

Most universities have in previous years accepted people with dropped grades usually 1 or 2. Some have accepted more and some not at all. I dont suspect anything will differ much this year and I suspect most will be more lenient. However it might differ dependant on your firm university. Unfortunately nobody really knows for certain.
Surely they will factor in other assessments?
Don’t worry I think only a minority of people would actually have got in with their mock results. Hopefully teachers will take this into account when assigning us grades and unis will be more lenient
Reply 6
Original post by jonnypdot
Surely they will factor in other assessments?

Possibly although this could be worse, as random assessments would be an even worse indicator
Reply 7
Original post by kattarina
This is exactly what I am stressed about!! Which uni do you want to firm & Insure and what course are you applying to??

I applied for biology, what about you? for internet safety best not to say where :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending