The Student Room Group

Planning a surprise birthday party for my best friend

I’m think of booking a hotel and throw a party there but the problem is I don’t know who to invite since we only have a small mutual friends circle which will be me, my boyfriend, her and her (maybe future boyfriend or a hook up date lol). I’m thinking of inviting my side of friends but my best friend have never really get to know them well, she knows them and they know her but not that well so I figured it might be awkward. And I was thinking of inviting her side of friends but I had beef with a few of them, we’re cool now but still I figured it’d still be awkward... What to do, I don’t know. Any tips or advices will help. Thanks.
P.S. Just before anyone throw some Coronavirus comments at me saying why I’m planning to have a small gathering with people, this party will be held during the summer time. Not sure will the virus die down by then, if not then perhaps I’ll just Skype her and both of us blowing out a candle that’s on a cupcake or something.
(edited 4 years ago)
You all should be self-isolating though. I know it sucks.
Original post by Natalie Munonye
You all should be self-isolating though. I know it sucks.

Lolll I’ve just updated my post, I knew some of you guys will say this. 🤣 Still just want to have an idea what to do for her birthday, it’s not like this virus will go on for years
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by glorydayes365
Lolll I’ve just updated my post, I knew some of you guys will say this. 🤣 Still just want to have an idea what to do for her birthday, it’s not like this virus will go on for years

Not to be negative but never say never...

What is your budget?
Original post by 5hyl33n
Not to be negative but never say never...

What is your budget?

Which currency are we talking about here? Let’s use pounds. Hmm booking a hotel for one night should be around £60-£70. Birthday cake around £10-£30 for a good one, or I might just bake it myself because I’m quite good at it. Other foods, I’m thinking should I just cook it myself, I mean I’ve done that before for another party and it worked out. Wow so to conclude my budget would be around £200 but that’s good because I can divide that with my other friends who will attend the party.

Quick Reply

Latest