The Student Room Group

Bangor or Aberystwyth?

Hi!

I’ve received offers for both Bangor and Aber and I’m struggling to decide which one to pursue! They were my top two choices as I’m blown away by both but how do they really compare?

I’ll be studying English literature and Film (Joint Honours)!
Original post by AnneliseE
Hi!

I’ve received offers for both Bangor and Aber and I’m struggling to decide which one to pursue! They were my top two choices as I’m blown away by both but how do they really compare?

Look at the individual modules of both, do you prefer any particular modules more etc. look at the accommodation of both, research both towns, do they both ask for same grades etc.
Original post by AnneliseE
Hi!

All things equal I would probably lean towards Aberystwyth although there probably isnt much in it. The Bangor campus is more in town that Aber which is on a hill above the town. Aber has the nicer beach but is more isolated. Bangor has more around it with Caernarvon and Llandudno not too far away and the North Wales coast and Liverpool within reach whereas Aber is a fair trek from everywhere. You might also like to look into how you get to both from where you live but if everything is equal I would go for Aberystwyth with its lovely beach and prom.
Hi @AnneliseE,

Well done on both of your offers 😊

I am a current 2nd year student at Aberystwyth and I am really enjoying it here!

As already mentioned in the thread looking at the modules offered at each university is a really good way of comparing the courses to see which may interest you more. This is something I did when comparing universities when I applied and definitely helped me make my decision. It may also be worth looking at how each course is assessed, to compare which style of assessment may suit the way you work best.

I would also recommend speaking to currents students about their experience at each university as well as current academic staff. This may help give you more of a feel of each university and help in your decision making. We have an interactive online open day coming up where you can have the opportunity to talk online to course lecturers, current students and admissions staff as well as take a panoramic tour of our campus and accommodation. You can register here if interested?

We also have weekly live chats every Wednesday 4-6pm where you can speak to staff and current students, find out more here. I am also more then willing to help with any questions you have about life at Aberystwyth University .

It may also be worth looking at what the Societies and Sports clubs at each University, if you have any specific interests or hobbies one university may have more to offer than the other. I’m part of several societies and sports clubs here at Aber, so let me know if you would like to know anything more!

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Rebecca

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending