The Student Room Group

Changing name before Theory Test?

Hi everyone!

I've got my Theory booked in June and I was looking to change my name through a deed poll - anyone know how it works with changing details on booking and provisional? I understand how to change details on a provisional, and that it takes around three weeks to get it back. Alternative of course is to wait until passing both tests, but that means sending my full license back to the DVLA as soon as I get it.

Any help appreciated!
Original post by matt.lyus
Hi everyone!

I've got my Theory booked in June and I was looking to change my name through a deed poll - anyone know how it works with changing details on booking and provisional? I understand how to change details on a provisional, and that it takes around three weeks to get it back. Alternative of course is to wait until passing both tests, but that means sending my full license back to the DVLA as soon as I get it.

Any help appreciated!

Probably best to contact the DVLA before you do anything, I'm sure they dealt with stuff like this before though!
Reply 2
Original post by matt.lyus
Hi everyone!

Any help appreciated!

For your deed poll to be legal, you must relinquish use of your old name immediately - this means getting your licence updated IMMEDIATELY.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending