The Student Room Group

Btec Extended Diploma in Applied Science

What kind of careers or options will this btec open up for me? is it just pure science career options, as i have heard that you can also do other subject because of the transferrable skills? i love science, and have picked this, but was wondering what doors this is actually gonna open to me other than science if any?
Reply 1
To find a career that is related to your course immediately upon finishing your course is rare; you can find apprenticeships but these are competitive and incredibly scarce. Your best option is to go to university.

In my class, one classmate is going to be studying veterinary science at University of Lincoln; another is going to be studying law at University of Sheffield. I will be going to the University of Southampton to study psychology. So to answer your core question, yes. You can possibly study a non-science at university, however this is highly dependent on you getting at least DDD (on average). Furthermore, it helps if you are studying the A-level subject; the classmate I mentioned did in fact study law at A-level, as did I psychology - it may make it more likely that universities consider you, especially Russell Groups. I don't know what your career ambitions are but if science is not a part of it, I probably would not study Applied Science.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending