The Student Room Group

Passport Renewal Processing

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I couldn't find a better category.

I applied to renew my passport which has reached the HMPO and have got the notification that it is being processed. However, this update was on the 17th of March. I was wondering whether anyone else had recently applied for a passport or if anyone knows anything about a time frame to receive a passport? Especially with the assumed implications that COVID-19 has probably had on staff at the HMPO.

I need my passport to apply for Student Finance so it's pretty urgent.
Original post by Sh_A
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I couldn't find a better category.

I applied to renew my passport which has reached the HMPO and have got the notification that it is being processed. However, this update was on the 17th of March. I was wondering whether anyone else had recently applied for a passport or if anyone knows anything about a time frame to receive a passport? Especially with the assumed implications that COVID-19 has probably had on staff at the HMPO.

I need my passport to apply for Student Finance so it's pretty urgent.

Hey I applied for my passport at the start of March and received my new one within the same week. Something doesn't seem right. I suggest calling them up to find out what happens as it's almost been a month.
Reply 2
Original post by Lizzibethneri
Hey I applied for my passport at the start of March and received my new one within the same week. Something doesn't seem right. I suggest calling them up to find out what happens as it's almost been a month.

Hey, I wanted to call them but on the website it says they're currently only taking calls if you're a government worker or if someone has died aboard so I didn't want to take advantage of the situation.
Original post by Sh_A
Hey, I wanted to call them but on the website it says they're currently only taking calls if you're a government worker or if someone has died aboard so I didn't want to take advantage of the situation.

Ahh okay, email?
I didn't want to take advantage of the situation.
Reply 5
Original post by Lizzibethneri
Ahh okay, email?

I couldn’t find an email on the website.
Reply 6
So I decided to call them anyway and they’ve stated there is a backlog now due to social distancing measures in their offices. Unfortunately they’re unable to advise how long applications will take to process at the moment due to this.

Just wanted to put that out there for anyone else in a similar situation.

Quick Reply

Latest