The Student Room Group

Marriage / Find A Wife in the UK الزواج في المملكة المتحدة

Hi All,

I hope you are in good health.

"Marriage is a wonderful institution. There is nothing like having the perfect mate to travel along the journey of life. What makes it special is when you have chosen someone that not necessarily shares all the interests you have, but at least respects them—and you respect hers as well". 1

I am planning to start my PhD in next September in the UK, but I am currently somewhat late for marriage compared to my peers and according to the prevailing culture in my community (currently I am 39 years old). Actually, I could not find the right girl (smart, honest, Trustworthy, frank, friendly, and strong girl who could not betray her husband, and could live in the international atmosphere).

Do you think, if I come to the UK, is it possible to meet the right girl, get married, have a wonderful family and start a wonderful life journey together?

In your opinion, what are the opportunities, and what are the challenges expected in this matter?

Thanks
Take care
(edited 4 years ago)
What?
Reply 2
Original post by Greywolftwo
What?

I wonder, is it possible for an international student to meet his life partner while studying in the United Kingdom?
Thanks
No. you have zero chance of finding a girl in the UK that will be "smart, honest, Trustworthy, frank, friendly, and strong girl who could not betray her husband, and could live in the international atmosphere"

Because, if your behaviour is such that you are not worth sticking with, then any smart and strong woman would dump you and therefore "betray" you as soon as was convenient for them.

IE every smart and strong woman will betray you if you act in such a way that it makes sense for them to leave you. And this may not even be through any fault of your own. It may be because of incompatability in some key area, such as how you resolve conflict or how you like to make love.

The perfect mate doesn't exist. Nobody's perfect.

I expect my romantic partners to lie to me. To leave me if I ever fail to live up to their expectations, or if we are incompatible in a key area. I expect them to do dumb things from time to time. To be vulnerable in certain areas and to have moods when they are not feeling sociable. All of which is fine. They are only human, after all.
Reply 4
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
No. you have zero chance of finding a girl in the UK that will be "smart, honest, Trustworthy, frank, friendly, and strong girl who could not betray her husband, and could live in the international atmosphere"

Because, if your behaviour is such that you are not worth sticking with, then any smart and strong woman would dump you and therefore "betray" you as soon as was convenient for them.

IE every smart and strong woman will betray you if you act in such a way that it makes sense for them to leave you. And this may not even be through any fault of your own. It may be because of incompatability in some key area, such as how you resolve conflict or how you like to make love.

The perfect mate doesn't exist. Nobody's perfect.

I expect my romantic partners to lie to me. To leave me if I ever fail to live up to their expectations, or if we are incompatible in a key area. I expect them to do dumb things from time to time. To be vulnerable in certain areas and to have moods when they are not feeling sociable. All of which is fine. They are only human, after all.

Hi Dunnig Kruger,

Thank you very much for your great response

I agree with you ... no one is perfect, but two people can complement each other.

I was disappointed when you said there was zero chance to meet a wonderful person while studying in the UK. :frown:

But I still hold onto hope :smile:

By the way, you seem to be a smart girl .. Congratulations on the lucky person you are with.

Best wishes
Reply 5
Original post by Adam_pir
Hi All,

I hope you are in good health.

"Marriage is a wonderful institution. There is nothing like having the perfect mate to travel along the journey of life. What makes it special is when you have chosen someone that not necessarily shares all the interests you have, but at least respects them—and you respect hers as well". 1

I am planning to start my PhD in next September in the UK, but I am currently somewhat late for marriage compared to my peers and according to the prevailing culture in my community (currently I am 39 years old). Actually, I could not find the right girl (smart, honest, Trustworthy, frank, friendly, and strong girl who could not betray her husband, and could live in the international atmosphere).

Do you think, if I come to the UK, is it possible to meet the right girl, get married, have a wonderful family and start a wonderful life journey together?

In your opinion, what are the opportunities, and what are the challenges expected in this matter?

Thanks
Take care

Where in the UK will you be studying? You’ll increase your chances of finding someone suitable if you live in a city with a large Muslim community. As opposed to a majority white city where you might only meet a handful of Muslim people and hence you’ll find it more difficult there. First choose the appropriate location for your studying, find a nice place to live etc and then you can start putting feelers out by meeting other Muslim people.

Don’t be afraid to look further afield than your own city. If you’re based in West Midlands for example, travel out to East Midlands and London. Go to events with other Muslims, things like ISOC at your university etc. Help out at your local mosque, run charity events and host speakers at your mosque. But you have to put yourself out there in order to meet new people and maybe one of them can set you up with someone. You won’t get anywhere by restricting yourself. I had a few conversations on here with a girl who lives independently in Newcastle (majority white city) and wants to find a husband but is too lazy to get off her ass and try to meet people. Don’t be that person: don’t wait for people to come to you because that’s how you miss opportunities. Be proactive, meet people, talk to them, make friends, get to know them better etc. All necessary things you have to do to be part of a community and in your case the Muslim community is the best way of helping you find someone.

Consider asking the mosque to help you find someone. I saw this documentary recently about people getting help from Birmingham Central Mosque. Watch it and you might pick up some tips.

Reply 6
Thanks a lot brother Asif
Very useful information and a very good idea

Best wishes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending