The Student Room Group

Student finance have accepted my application before I finished supplying evidence

Hi,

So my mother passed away a few years ago and I dont have a legal guardian. So student finance wanted my mums death certificate. Because of covid-19 I haven't had the chance to send it off so early. But today I recieved a letter saying they've approved my application and my maintenance loan is £4300 (roughly). I'm really stressed out because of this as its harder to contact student finance. And I won't be able to live off that for university. I've gone back onto my account online and they've removed the bit in the to-do list asking for my mum's death certificate. Can someone explain what is going on?
Original post by Tired_Sphinx
Hi,

So my mother passed away a few years ago and I dont have a legal guardian. So student finance wanted my mums death certificate. Because of covid-19 I haven't had the chance to send it off so early. But today I recieved a letter saying they've approved my application and my maintenance loan is £4300 (roughly). I'm really stressed out because of this as its harder to contact student finance. And I won't be able to live off that for university. I've gone back onto my account online and they've removed the bit in the to-do list asking for my mum's death certificate. Can someone explain what is going on?

Hi

Unfortuantely the only real solution would be to contact SFE, they might have approved your loan on the basic amount until they see evidence of your circumstances, what i might say is, they might want to see the situation with your dad, so i really think you should contact SFE to make sure you know what is needed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending