The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

How lenient are Sheffield with grades?

I am likely to be one or possibly even two grades below my offer for management. Is it worth firming Sheffield? I really like the course and university. How lenient are Sheffield usually with grades?
Original post by Anonymous
I am likely to be one or possibly even two grades below my offer for management. Is it worth firming Sheffield? I really like the course and university. How lenient are Sheffield usually with grades?

Talk to admissions, it depends how full the course is and how many accept to know how many spoare places they have. They deal with near misses after. Talk to the course organiser or admissions and get yourself known. There are likely to be fewer internationals so 2 below may not be out of the question.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
I'm already in university elsewhere, (first year) but thinking about applying late for a course at Sheffield for this September because I'm really not enjoying the work I'm doing, and although I love my university, it doesn't offer the course I want to do. I screwed up during exam time and I ended up with ACC instead of AAB but I was accepted into my current uni anyway. I am also worried about grade leniency since I already have the grades. I would recommend emailing your chosen course's school admissions office about it, that's what I've done. I've yet to hear from them yet though. Good luck!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
Talk to admissions, it depends how full the course is and how many accept to know how many spoare places they have. They deal with near misses after. Talk to the course organiser or admissions and get yourself known. There are likely to be fewer internationals so 2 below may not be out of the question.

How would you address them? Like what would you say to ask?
Reply 4
Original post by ecofriendlyduck
I'm already in university elsewhere, (first year) but thinking about applying late for a course at Sheffield for this September because I'm really not enjoying the work I'm doing, and although I love my university, it doesn't offer the course I want to do. I screwed up during exam time and I ended up with ACC instead of AAB but I was accepted into my current uni anyway. I am also worried about grade leniency since I already have the grades. I would recommend emailing your chosen course's school admissions office about it, that's what I've done. I've yet to hear from them yet though. Good luck!

Good luck! Hope it goes well for you
I'm also likely to be at least a grade below my offer, is there any chance they would still take me?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by WorriedThrowaway
I'm also likely to be at least a grade below my offer from Sheffield, is there any chance they would still take me?

Depends how oversubscribed the course is. Is it going to be your firm?
Original post by Anonymous
Depends how oversubscribed the course is. Is it going to be your firm?

It is my firm, I'd be at the Management school. I'm not sure if that means my course would be popular.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending