The Student Room Group

Does your first love still have your heart?

This may seem personal but after 3 years I decided to binge listen to some old voicenotes of my ex and I can't necessarily say I've moved on because it can get emotionally draining but I'm glad to be able to take this relationship as an opportunity to learn and grow in another IF I ever decide to come to that.
I'm happy single, to be honest. It's the best feeling.
I can't say I'm happy not being her friend but that's a wish she was against.
*Checks heartbeat*

Nope, nope still in my chest thank f*ck
Oh she'll always have my heart, for sure! Also, funny you should mention voicenotes: I was just listening to a partial virtual broadcast thing mine did a few weeks ago (was worried she may have died from COVID-19, so was Googling her name, etc. :rolleyes: ). No picture, just her voice. It was weirdly comforting :facepalm:
No. I'm not sure who my first love was, but I know that I don't love anyone at this moment.
Original post by KusaNGBINTZ
This may seem personal but after 3 years I decided to binge listen to some old voicenotes of my ex and I can't necessarily say I've moved on because it can get emotionally draining but I'm glad to be able to take this relationship as an opportunity to learn and grow in another IF I ever decide to come to that.

This is so sweet! I was literally reading through text messages, in particular when he first popped up and our first couple of convos, makes me sad lowkey kinda miss him but I’m happy!

Yes he does. 😊🙈.
No because he hurt me :frown:

But I still think about him... in a ‘what if’ kind of way but not in a love kind of way
Reply 7
good lord no
Original post by gjd800
good lord no

Lol
I've been single for a little over a year and a bit and I still occasionally think about my first gf, which is also my ex - like you say, I'm happy being single too. I sometimes look back on the memories we've had but we didn't last that long, so the break-up didn't massively emotionally hurt me. I don't think I could have stayed friends with my ex, it would have gone back into a relationship within a number of weeks or even days.

I wouldn't say he still has my heart, but I still love him. ever since we broke up I haven't been in a relationship that's lasted longer than 2 months. but I also hate him because he got my ex-best friend pregnant. heckin heck I'm crying now :/
(edited 4 years ago)
Yep... she's still in my heart. Just wish I had the courage to apologise for what I did :frown:

(Wow! I am seeing a lot of yes here)

Never been in a relationship before or now. I don't want to lose my poor heart for now! Let it be with me safe and sound!!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Halfeti Rose
(Wow! I am seeing a lot of yes here)

Never been in a relationship before or now. I don't want to lose my poor heart for now! Let it be with me safe and sound!!

Good. That's the safest way to be. Don't fall in love and your heart won't get broken.
Original post by Hxnnaburrows
Good. That's the safest way to be. Don't fall in love and your heart won't get broken.

:five: agree with you!!
:smile: I wish I could've taken that advice two years ago lol, but what's done is done. Now I safely have nothing in my ribcage so nobody can hurt it ever again. I gave it to my cat because she's my everything. And because she'll protect it with her tiny claws
Original post by Hxnnaburrows
:smile: I wish I could've taken that advice two years ago lol, but what's done is done. Now I safely have nothing in my ribcage so nobody can hurt it ever again. I gave it to my cat because she's my everything. And because she'll protect it with her tiny claws

Aww.. Lucky Cat!! Don't worry you learn from ur mistakes :wink:
"Past is history, tomorrow is mystery but today is a gift and that's why it's called present"
Enjoy today! Don't dwell on ur past coz everything happens for a reason!
Original post by Halfeti Rose
Aww.. Lucky Cat!! Don't worry you learn from ur mistakes :wink:
"Past is history, tomorrow is mystery but today is a gift and that's why it's called present"
Enjoy today! Don't dwell on ur past coz everything happens for a reason!

Very very true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending