The Student Room Group

Funding

Im joining a 1 year 'UAL LEVEL 3 DIP IN ART & DESIGN (Foundation Studies)' course in September within a regional college (Northern Ireland) which i required for my art course in university however i can't get student fiance because its a level 3 course? What type of funding can i get or is it continuing ema ?
Original post by Colleen_234
Im joining a 1 year 'UAL LEVEL 3 DIP IN ART & DESIGN (Foundation Studies)' course in September within a regional college (Northern Ireland) which i required for my art course in university however i can't get student fiance because its a level 3 course? What type of funding can i get or is it continuing ema ?

The funding for l3 /FE courses is the same as you get for A levels/BTECs.
ask the course provider if they know of any extra bursaries or grants
Original post by Colleen_234

Hi @Colleen_234

You're right, Student Finance can only be used for Higher Education courses, but a Level 3 is Further Education. If you're under 19 before the start of the course then it's free of charge.

If this is not the case then UK residents use the Advanced Learner Loan:
https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility

Hope this helps! And hope you enjoy the course that our university is an awarding body for! Hopefully we may even see you in the future at UAL!

All the best,
Mike
Student Recruitment Officer

Quick Reply

Latest