The Student Room Group

Submitted wrong online exam document

Yesterday I had 24 hours to submit my online exam and I did before the deadline.. today I checked again and I don’t know how but I have submitted my draft where it was basically draft answer from different sources and my notes which I used to look at when writing my exam.
If it was an assessment I could upload it after deadline 40% cap but considering it was exam I can’t. I have emailed my tutor explaining but no answer yet... I’m in so much stress that I will be accused of plagiarism cause of my draft being graded.
Before anyone says I did check to upload right file but I have no idea how I did it.
Reply 1
I basically submitted my draft answer where it had my notes as well as from different sources. I’m scared I’m gonna be accused of plagiarism so I did email my tutor explaining but no respond yet . I’m so scared what’s gonna happen. If it was essay I could submit it again after deadline with 40% cap but because that was only exam I can submit it again. I never been in this situation so I don’t know what to do.
Maybe try and email your actual assessment to the module leader as soon as possible, explaining the reason for the one you submitted by accident. So they can see that you didn’t want extra time, but in fact you actually did it and sent the wrong one by accident
Reply 3
Original post by Chickenqueen
Maybe try and email your actual assessment to the module leader as soon as possible, explaining the reason for the one you submitted by accident. So they can see that you didn’t want extra time, but in fact you actually did it and sent the wrong one by accident

She replied saying that there isn’t much they can do as it’s an exam I just have to wait for results. I hope even if I get accused of plagiarism at least I have evidence of the email explaining to my tutor that those were my notes not finished exam
Original post by Anonymous
She replied saying that there isn’t much they can do as it’s an exam I just have to wait for results. I hope even if I get accused of plagiarism at least I have evidence of the email explaining to my tutor that those were my notes not finished exam

Also if it comes down to it, bring up the struggle of online exams and how you’re not used to it. You would’ve sent the original exam if your tutor had allowed you to but you were not given the option
Original post by joanna_j
I basically submitted my draft answer where it had my notes as well as from different sources. I’m scared I’m gonna be accused of plagiarism so I did email my tutor explaining but no respond yet . I’m so scared what’s gonna happen. If it was essay I could submit it again after deadline with 40% cap but because that was only exam I can submit it again. I never been in this situation so I don’t know what to do.

You've done all you can for now, so try not to worry. Just wait for your tutor to respond.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending