The Student Room Group

Low maintenance relationship

I don't get the point of half hearted sorts of relationships? How do they work?

To me, it's easier to
1. Be with someone u love, value, prioritize, you hope to be with them in the future, hope to marry. A proper relationship. Very much long term orientated, focused on emotional, friendship and sexual.
Or
2. Have a no feelings attached relationship / open relationship / just sleep with whoever you want / fwb at the most. Probably short term, just filling a need / want, not important, not gonna marry.

I just think the sort of in between relationship is too ambiguous and unclear in terms of feelings, goals, time, future, value, priority, etc. But yeah others might be able to explain?
Is there an in between?
I only engage in type 2 of relationships. I thought that was the normal kind?
Personally I'd only date someone if I thought it could work long term
Reply 3
A Low Maintenance Relationship (LMR) is when a couple is mutually exclusive to one another but not in a FULL relationship. A low maintenance relationship includes NOT needing to talk to them everyday, maybe SOME texting per day but NOT a super abundance, getting together ONLY once or twice a week and going out and SOME sex.

(Urban dictionary definition)
Original post by Anonymous
A Low Maintenance Relationship (LMR) is when a couple is mutually exclusive to one another but not in a FULL relationship. A low maintenance relationship includes NOT needing to talk to them everyday, maybe SOME texting per day but NOT a super abundance, getting together ONLY once or twice a week and going out and SOME sex.

(Urban dictionary definition)

I'd do that type of relationship tbh. I can't stand clingyness and being in someone's pocket all the time
Reply 5
I don't get the point of half hearted sorts of relationships? How do they work?

To me, it's easier to
1. Be with someone u love, value, prioritize, you hope to be with them in the future, hope to marry. A proper relationship. Very much long term orientated, focused on emotional, friendship and sexual.
Or
2. Have a no feelings attached relationship / open relationship / just sleep with whoever you want / fwb at the most. Probably short term, just filling a need / want, not important, not gonna marry.

I just think the sort of in between relationship is too ambiguous and unclear in terms of feelings, goals, time, future, value, priority, etc. But yeah others might be able to explain?

"low maintenance"? what is with all the labels, that's not how relationships works. some relationships are just for fun, no need to fully commit yourself.
Well in my opinion, I prefer being with someone I love and the sex is so much better when you spend time with the person and actually want to be with them in the future. But at a young age , I just think u should focus on having fun and don’t take relationships too seriously obviously don’t cheat but just don’t take it too serious when you break up use it as an experience. All my friends are doing the same as me and they’re much happier not dating because when you date young it rarely lasts and just ****s people up.
Reply 7
Well in my opinion, I prefer being with someone I love and the sex is so much better when you spend time with the person and actually want to be with them in the future. But at a young age , I just think u should focus on having fun and don’t take relationships too seriously obviously don’t cheat but just don’t take it too serious when you break up use it as an experience. All my friends are doing the same as me and they’re much happier not dating because when you date young it rarely lasts and just ****s people up.

Personally I struggle with low maintenance sort of relationship because I can't love someone half heartedly. Perhaps I should just wait until people are older and looking for more committed relationships.

Original post by Ciel.
"low maintenance"? what is with all the labels, that's not how relationships works. some relationships are just for fun, no need to fully commit yourself.

I didn't create the label, I thought it was easier to give a label so people knew what I meant. Isn't that just a waste of time having that sort of relationship? Maybe I'm just weird I want all or very little in relationships.
Reply 8
Personally I struggle with low maintenance sort of relationship because I can't love someone half heartedly. Perhaps I should just wait until people are older and looking for more committed relationships.

I didn't create the label, I thought it was easier to give a label so people knew what I meant. Isn't that just a waste of time having that sort of relationship? Maybe I'm just weird I want all or very little in relationships.

i don't think it's a waste of time. some people like the convenience of being in a relationship but it's not a priority in their life, e.g. they're more career driven

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending