The Student Room Group

Less maintenance loan

Hello there I am starting an undergraduate course i a month and I’ve got 3689 maintenance loan only and i am form a low income family and my dad’s a migrant worker also i cannot manage my studies with such low maintenance loan can you please tell me what to do??? Also my dad was not on state benefits in tax year 2020 to 2022 he stared getting universal credit in 2023. And my dad is only working. My mum is a house wife she’d never done job and she moved to the uk in feb 2023. Please help I’m really stressed out.
(edited 7 months ago)
When did you apply? Did you select the option to be assessed on household income, and did your parents submit their documentation as required?

If you applied recently and your parents have submitted all their documentation, then it is likely that SFE are still assessing you for the higher means tested amounts, but the way they work is the initially assess everyone for the minimum loan to ensure everyone can start uni with something. For those eligible for higher means tested amounts, they will continue assessing then reissue your entitlement letter once they have finished assessing the additional documentation.

If you applied more than 8 weeks ago though then check you have asked to be assessed for the higher means tested loan amounts based on your household income, and check your parents have received and completed their tasks for that process.
Hello there I am starting an undergraduate course i a month and I’ve got 3689 maintenance loan only and i am form a low income family and my dad’s a migrant worker also i cannot manage my studies with such low maintenance loan can you please tell me what to do???also my dad is only one working in the uk from last 4 years and my mum just come to uk in February 2023 SFE sent me PFF2 form to fill to know my mum’s income but she move here in 2023 and she haven’t worked here would that affect my loan??? And my dad has started getting state benefits in 2023 he hadn’t take them before 2023 . Can anyone help i am really stressed out.
If you haven’t submitted the pff2 with income information for both parents then you’ll only get the minimum loan.

If your mum’s income is zero then you have to say that on the form
Original post by Aena Harrisona
Hello there I am starting an undergraduate course i a month and I’ve got 3689 maintenance loan only and i am form a low income family and my dad’s a migrant worker also i cannot manage my studies with such low maintenance loan can you please tell me what to do??? Also my dad was not on state benefits in tax year 2020 to 2022 he stared getting universal credit in 2023. And my dad is only working. My mum is a house wife she’d never done job and she moved to the uk in feb 2023. Please help I’m really stressed out.

Hi Aena,

Have your parents supported your application yet via their online accounts or the PFF2 form? This is likely why you've been given the basic rate at the moment. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending