The Student Room Group

Increase in maintenance loan

I sent a letter to student finance on august 28th to ask for an increase in student loan as my parents income are quite low and they only gave me £4,800 which is only enough to pay for my accommodation. I got an email august 30th saying that they have received my letter and are going to review it but my maintenance loan still hasn’t changed. Just wondering how long will it take for them to review?
Original post by laila.04
I sent a letter to student finance on august 28th to ask for an increase in student loan as my parents income are quite low and they only gave me £4,800 which is only enough to pay for my accommodation. I got an email august 30th saying that they have received my letter and are going to review it but my maintenance loan still hasn’t changed. Just wondering how long will it take for them to review?

Hi there,

What was it you sent to increase your loan? Was it the PFF2 form completed by your parents? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

What was it you sent to increase your loan? Was it the PFF2 form completed by your parents? Thanks, Jason

Yes and when I called student finance they gave me a letter to fill up to ask for an increased maintenance loan and I sent that of by post on august 28th
Original post by laila.04
Yes and when I called student finance they gave me a letter to fill up to ask for an increased maintenance loan and I sent that of by post on august 28th

Thank you. If you hadn't previously requested the higher amount and you've now sent the maintenance loan request form, the PFF2 form (completed by your parents) and this form (completed by you): https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_nmt_to_mt_form_2324_o.pdf this takes an estimated 6 weeks to process from when we receive it. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending