The Student Room Group

What are Year 13s up to during all this?

What are you guys doing? Are you revising for the supposed Autumn exams or just chilling for now? Heard anything new from your unis?

I'm trying to revise here and there but I've really lost the motivation to do anything - especially with the fact there might not be Autumn exams :frown:
Reply 1
supposed autumn exams??
there aren't any exams, the government (at least for uk and my exam board ofqual) said so
the grades are going to be graded by what they already have, predicteds and based off of the teachers markings (which is going to be assessed to be sure its fair apparently)
even if exams were put back on, i don't think it would be fair at all

am currently chilling and rotting at home :smile:
Original post by guong
supposed autumn exams??
there aren't any exams, the government (at least for uk and my exam board ofqual) said so
the grades are going to be graded by what they already have, predicteds and based off of the teachers markings (which is going to be assessed to be sure its fair apparently)
even if exams were put back on, i don't think it would be fair at all

am currently chilling and rotting at home :smile:

Sorry, should have specified, the optional Autumn exams that we were told we could take if we were not happy with the grades we get. Exams for Summer are definitely cancelled, there's no way they're suddenly coming back.

Aha same, just wish we could get our grades and be over it all
I'm confident that I won't need to do autumn exams but am still having lessons online from college. It's mostly covering new supposedly interesting topics that we may need in the future so I'm not taking much of it in.
Not doing any other work though. No news from unis and I guess they won't be expecting us to do anything else at the moment. Lots of jigsaws though :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Amiibo_Dealer
Sorry, should have specified, the optional Autumn exams that we were told we could take if we were not happy with the grades we get. Exams for Summer are definitely cancelled, there's no way they're suddenly coming back.

Aha same, just wish we could get our grades and be over it all

ohhhhh okay that makes more sense haha
im lucky because i got an unconditional offer at my uni hehe flex

what are your predicteds, and your offers?
I’m just chilling out and doing things I enjoy. I’m confident I will get the grades I need so I’m just trying to make the most of the free time I have! I miss college though.
Reply 6
I'm just watching various documentaries and sleeping a lot. Other than that, in terms of revision, I've looked over the content maybe twice, just to make sure my mind is still fresh over the topics I've learnt.

Quick Reply

Latest