The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nathan1403

Thank you :hugs: Don't apologise, it's not your fault!

It is though - I'll never forgive myself for ruining things with you. I'm devastated too if it helps at all.
Original post by garlic'nherbdip
It is though - I'll never forgive myself for ruining things with you. I'm devastated too if it helps at all.

Alex no :frown::frown::frown::frown: it's not your fault at all, you've been through so much and you're ill :hugs: yes I've cried myself to sleep every night but that doesn't mean I'm not incredibly happy we still get to be friends :biggrin::biggrin:
Alex no :frown::frown::frown::frown: it's not your fault at all, you've been through so much and you're ill :hugs: yes I've cried myself to sleep every night but that doesn't mean I'm not incredibly happy we still get to be friends :biggrin::biggrin:

Me too! Now let's smash our exams! :rofl3:

good luck you two you got this

Yesss let's do this!
Original post by josie71202
good luck you two you got this

Thanks Josie!! :biggrin: how are you?

Yesss let's do this!

Good luck you two! You'll smash it!
Thanks Josie!! :biggrin: how are you?

annoyed at dream me
I'm taking your advice I've got a call with my gp tomorrow because I want decent sleep
Original post by Anonymous
Good luck you two! You'll smash it!

Thank you :h: I'm almost done!

annoyed at dream me
I'm taking your advice I've got a call with my gp tomorrow because I want decent sleep

Yay I'm glad to hear that!:biggrin: Hope it goes well tomorrow
annoyed at dream me

Is this chronic insomnia you're dealing with? I've had that in the past and I've seen my GP for it. They tend to offer you two options which are self help or medication. The medication is really effective for getting back into a normal sleep routine and it knocks you out, but they give you enough to establish that routine then complete your own withdrawal programme from it because it's that addictive. Let me know if there's any other questions you have though and I'll see if I can answer them.
Original post by Anonymous
Is this chronic insomnia you're dealing with? I've had that in the past and I've seen my GP for it. They tend to offer you two options which are self help or medication. The medication is really effective for getting back into a normal sleep routine and it knocks you out, but they give you enough to establish that routine then complete your own withdrawal programme from it because it's that addictive. Let me know if there's any other questions you have though and I'll see if I can answer them.

Nah my hayfever just wakes me up at night but I haven't had a proper nights sleep since February
Thanks! I don't think I've seen you around before - were you an anon? Or new? Either way, nice meeting you, Andrew!

I saw Nathan's old thread last year, but I took a break from TSR soon after so I didn't really look at it. Came back on-line last week and found this and the old one and now I'm regretting not reading it before! So in answer to your question, yes I am new :smile: I'm also Anon#13 here :tongue:

Right back at ya - you can do it! I'm going to smash that exam in one go so it'll be after lunch if that's alright?

You'll probably only see this when you've finished but good luck to both of you!!! I'm sure you'll both do very well :-)))))

Nah my hayfever just wakes me up at night but I haven't had a proper nights sleep since February

Near to results day last year, my friend had really bad insomnia because he was worried to death about whether or not he would be allowed to get back in (he did). He got these lavender pills, which apparently calmed him down - I tried some and it was absolutely revolting, although it did make my breath smell and taste rather floral :tongue:. Perhaps that was part of the solution, focus your mind on how awful they taste instead of what's worrying you haha. I'm not suggesting you have some lavender pills but could it be there is something worrying you in the back of your mind?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by AndrewPSSP
Near to results day last year, my friend had really bad insomnia because he was worried to death about whether or not he would be allowed to get back in (he did). He got these lavender pills, which apparently calmed him down - I tried some and it was absolutely revolting, although it did make my breath smell and taste rather floral :tongue:. Perhaps that was part of the solution, focus your mind on how awful they taste instead of what's worrying you haha. I'm not suggesting you have some lavender pills but is there something worrying you in the back of your mind?

I guess mocks but it's just hayfever preventing me sleeping
You'll probably only see this when you've finished but good luck to both of you!!! I'm sure you'll both do very well :-)))))

Thank you so much :biggrin: I'm feeling a bit sad right now so i can't really focus but I'm trying again later :/
Thank you so much :biggrin: I'm feeling a bit sad right now so i can't really focus but I'm trying again later :/

watch some taskmaster you can't be sad after an episode of taskmaster
watch some taskmaster you can't be sad after an episode of taskmaster

You lot love Taskmaster don't you :biggrin::biggrin:
(Miranda >>>>>>>>)
You lot love Taskmaster don't you :biggrin::biggrin:
(Miranda >>>>>>>>)

that's because it's good
that's because it's good

I might have a look into it, I've never watched anything from Dave! :tongue:
Hahaha -Dave is the home of the procrastinating student 😂
I saw Nathan's old thread last year, but I took a break from TSR soon after so I didn't really look at it. Came back on-line last week and found this and the old one and now I'm regretting not reading it before! So in answer to your question, yes I am new :smile: I'm also Anon#13 here :tongue:

I see, I see. Welcome!

This is a blog so let's do some actual blogging, innit.

Day four of Alex's hospital adventures:
Breakfast consisted of soggy toast and lukewarm tea. Brilliant.
My exam went well - I'm pretty sure I passed, at least.
Then there's good news, and bad news. The good news is they only check on me once an hour now. The bad news is everyone's least favourite nurse is back on duty. She's already made two insensitive comments - it's a hobby at this point. Maybe she does this to all the patient, to cope with her own miserable, pathetic life. That's what I'm telling myself so I don't lash out, at least. Haha.
Lunch consisted of soggy toast and lukewarm tea. At least I got an apple with it, too.
I've got an evaluation tomorrow to see if I can leave this hellhole yet. It would appear no one's planning on getting me actual therapy. Brilliant.
Urgh - can you get dominoes delivered?

But good news on the exam - it’s got to feel pretty good to know that you can still get through it with everything that’s happened over the last few days 😎

And hopefully now that you’ve got an official diagnosis that will help with getting therapy on an ongoing basis - they’ll have to put some kind of plan in place when they discharge you.
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending