The Student Room Group

Nervous about getting braces

I’m supposed to be getting braces, was supposed to get them In March but with lockdown it hasn’t happened yet. I’m about to start sixth form and I’m getting anxious about what people will say about them. Do people make comments about them or are they really not a big deal?
Are there not invisible ones now?
Original post by Homosapien7
I’m supposed to be getting braces, was supposed to get them In March but with lockdown it hasn’t happened yet. I’m about to start sixth form and I’m getting anxious about what people will say about them. Do people make comments about them or are they really not a big deal?

Not a big deal. Although, I have no idea who you will encounter.
Original post by barnetlad
Are there not invisible ones now?

Don’t you still see parts of the metal on those?

Edit: unless you were talking about invisalign braces?
(edited 3 years ago)
I’ve never heard anyone comment about them so idt it’s a big deal
Reply 5

ugly teeth are meh. braces are no big deal, get them.
Reply 6
Original post by Ciel.
ugly teeth are meh. braces are no big deal, get them.

My teeth aren’t bad but they’re just not straight. I’m gonna get them either way but it would be nice to know that people won’t make comments about them.
braces are kinda trendy now and more and more people are getting them when they are slightly older. I wore braces from sixthform to my second year of university. Didn't bother anyone, had partners who didn't care etc. Met people with braces. You won't regret the change you have once you have them off. Your teeth will look amazing it is worth it.
Reply 8
My teeth aren’t bad but they’re just not straight. I’m gonna get them either way but it would be nice to know that people won’t make comments about them.

who cares. if they do just tell them to **** off. it's a good thing that you're taking care of your body
Reply 9

I wish I had got mine before college, I'm in yr 12 and getting mine next month, I'm not sure how long mine will be on for but I really don't want to go into Uni with braces, but I know quite a few people with braces in college and nobody ever says anything about them, I wouldn't worry too much about them

Not a big deal in my opinion. I had braces at high school. You get used to them and you'll be glad you had them. You'll have a dope set of teeth for a pretty small sacrifice. Get those pearly whites ready!
Don't worry about it, quite a lot of people end up with braces at some point. It'll feel a bit odd at first but eventually, you'll get used to it and realise it's not a big deal :smile:
I had braces in secondary school and I actually grew to really like them :h: I don't think people will comment about it. There was this guy that called me 'metal mouth' but it was just banter. There was quite a few guys that had braces in sixth form and no one ever said anything about them so you should be fine
Hiya!

It'll be fine, nobody will comment much since a lot of us have been through the brace-y thing.
Most important thing is what colour elastic things you're going to choose (if your orthodontist allows) :smile:
I’ll be sure to stay clear of that then ahah. Thank you.

They are not a big deal.

Quick Reply

Latest