The Student Room Group

Why does he like her more ?

it’s like we have so much chemistry and fun together and are so comfortable with each other but he’s in love with her even though they don’t talk that much at all . It’s selfish but I can’t help but feel hurt by it how do I get over it
Reply 1
you can't help who you like firstly. emotions aren't logical it just happens; perhaps he just appreciates you more as a friend and someone he can count on
you also don't know what goes on within their relationship because it's between them so you can't really say they don't talk or not
how do you know he loves her or are you being paranoid

remember, it's not because you're not good enough or she's better in certain aspects or whatever; you can't help who you like and that's how life is

to get over it, either confess and get it out, who knows he might feel the same?, or distance (lockdown should be useful) and just stop thinking of him in that (romantic) way
Reply 2
Original post by guong
you can't help who you like firstly. emotions aren't logical it just happens; perhaps he just appreciates you more as a friend and someone he can count on
you also don't know what goes on within their relationship because it's between them so you can't really say they don't talk or not
how do you know he loves her or are you being paranoid

remember, it's not because you're not good enough or she's better in certain aspects or whatever; you can't help who you like and that's how life is

to get over it, either confess and get it out, who knows he might feel the same?, or distance (lockdown should be useful) and just stop thinking of him in that (romantic) way

It’s because he told me he has a crush on her .he did tell me he used to like me before though then moved on . He still calls me cute and stuff
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
It’s because he told me he has a crush on her .he did tell me he used to like me before though then moved on . He still calls me cute and stuff

if he's told you he's moved on and you can see it then definitely for sure you should move on
i had a similar situation to you; i sorted it by ending up talking to him about how him calling me cute and kissing my head was misleading as he said he wasn't into me and he understood and took a step back.
we still hug and stuff, we're really close, but it's about both coming onto the same page where you both understand you have a platonic relationship (for me, afterwards, i realised that i didn't actually like him and it never would've worked, i just felt like i needed to like him because everyone was pressuring us to date)
either speak to him about it, or come to terms with it
dk if that's helpful lmao cos for me i usually just mentally switch the guy into a "friend" sort of category and then i'm fine again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending