The Student Room Group

Giving the same energy

Ladies and gents

What's your view on giving the same energy when your talking to someone.

So if they take 6 hrs to respond you take 6 hrs to respond.

If they are giving short replies , you give short replies.

If are making the effort , you then make the effort.

I've been chatting to someone for a while now and I feel like he's not how he was in the beginning because he knows I'll respond quick and I'll reply decent to him so now the effort is being recieved back.

What do ah do x
I'm in the same position. I don't think it's healthy to do a tit for tat kind of thing that you're talking about. Just reply when you're ready to reply, they'll reply when they're ready to reply. Don't pressure him to reply quicker. I've been replying quite quickly since lockdown because I'm on my phone a lot more, even though I work and study, whereas my guy is very busy and has a very hands on job 7 days a week, so naturally I've been replying faster than him. I do get worried that he'll think badly of me because I am a fast replier but I'm not typically like that in a normal situation, usually it takes me hours to reply to someone! Just do what you want to do, don't just do something because he's doing it, it becomes unnatural then.
Reply 2
Original post by smartince98
I'm in the same position. I don't think it's healthy to do a tit for tat kind of thing that you're talking about. Just reply when you're ready to reply, they'll reply when they're ready to reply. Don't pressure him to reply quicker. I've been replying quite quickly since lockdown because I'm on my phone a lot more, even though I work and study, whereas my guy is very busy and has a very hands on job 7 days a week, so naturally I've been replying faster than him. I do get worried that he'll think badly of me because I am a fast replier but I'm not typically like that in a normal situation, usually it takes me hours to reply to someone! Just do what you want to do, don't just do something because he's doing it, it becomes unnatural then.

Very true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending