The Student Room Group

Boyfriend doesn't miss me during lockdown

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
If I ask him whether he misses me and he says 'no, because I know I'll see you again' then what is my next sentence supposed to be?

I'd advise against asking questions like this. The other person feels pressured to give the expected response rather than being able to speak honestly, because if they do speak honestly it results in situations like, well, this. If you feel insecure and need some reassurance, you should simply state that rather than asking questions like, "do you miss me?"
Original post by Hard man
It’s not against the law for him to not miss you

No one said it was mate, she’s just looking for some advice
Original post by Anonymous
So my boyfriend and I live quite far apart (about 2 hours away by train), and haven't been able to see each other during lockdown.
What bothers me is that this doesn't seem to affect him at all! We text each other every day (the same as we did before this), but it's like we're not in the middle of extraordinary circumstances.
Thing is he agrees to video calls when I ask, when we are together he is very attentive, kind, etc. When I don't reply to texts for a few days he will message asking what's going on.
But this really bothers me - he hasn't even said that he misses me, doesn't initiate any video calls....
Any advice?
Behaviour like this would normally be am instant breakup from me, but because his behaviour is otherwise examplary I have second thougts...

so many have said the same sorta thing, I think you should talk to him about it
I’m glad his behaviour is exemplary.. you can put that in his next report.

Guys are not girls, most don’t communicate in the same way and most aren’t as open with things like missing someone. We generally put on a grave face and carry on. Don’t expect him to show how he feels in the way you want him to.. if he’s being lovely to you as you say he is then just be happy and presume he most likely struggles and finds the separation hard like the rest of us, but just wants to get on and get through it.
Never mind.. whose bumping 7 month old threads!
This is hilarious 😂
If anyone cares he dumped me and I now have a new BF who is the complete opposite and very much into me ...happy ending

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending