The Student Room Group

driving test in brothers car

I was supposed to have my driving test in March but it got pushed forward to July cos of lockdown. My driving instructor is pregnant and doesn't want to give me lessons anymore, so I was wondering if I could practise in my brothers car and then also do my test in his car too, since I already know all the things I need to know in order to pass. Can someone give me guidance on how I would go about using my brothers car for the driving test like the insurance I'd need and so on.

Thanks
Yes as long as it’s in good condition and you have a passenger over 21 years old with 3 years of holding a full DL. You will also need learned driver insurance.
Original post by catfanny
I was supposed to have my driving test in March but it got pushed forward to July cos of lockdown. My driving instructor is pregnant and doesn't want to give me lessons anymore, so I was wondering if I could practise in my brothers car and then also do my test in his car too, since I already know all the things I need to know in order to pass. Can someone give me guidance on how I would go about using my brothers car for the driving test like the insurance I'd need and so on.

Thanks

You need learner insurance and for practice whoever is supervising you needs to meet the criteria on this page:

https://www.gov.uk/driving-lessons-learning-to-drive/practising-with-family-or-friends

Check the T&C's of the learner insurance to make sure it covers you for the test itself. NB. If you pass, the learner insurance is no longer valid and you'll need to sort out full cover immediately or arrange for someone else to drive you home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending