The Student Room Group

No extension to the Brexit transition, hope you’re all satisfied.

Looks like it’s celebration time for most on TSR news & current affairs forums as there will be no extension.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-nicola-sturgeon-and-mark-drakeford-demand-boris-johnson-extends-transition-period-12005296?fbclid=IwAR1WnbwjpuY3Na089s__ZyBWfkd7jLrhXgA9JGkEPPqxescYeHGSIfAy6ws

We now have all the delight of an inevitable no deal Brexit, an even worse economic recession that Covid alone could ever give us. End of visa free travel or right to live study or work in the 27 nations. Amazes me how so many students have such contempt for the EU.

Never mind hope you leavers are all happy at least we won’t be in Europe anymore or ever again and you all get to own Brexit and all its problems. You voted for it / supported it, you got it! Yours to keep.

Edit: In all respects I can understand why many of you voted leave or support Brexit. You felt loyalty to your grandparents, you enjoy holidays in the UK, prefer British food. Don’t like flying. Well I too enjoy having holidays around the UK, I love the seaside the sea air. I enjoy fish & chips and Cornish pasties. I can’t wait till the chip shops re-open properly. But I also like other cultures. To visit Spain, Portugal, Central Europe etc and eat their cuisines.

I’m patriotic but its because I’m patriotic that I supported being in the EU. It gave so much benefits to the UK, not just annoying rules from nasty Brussels but things like funding for education and training, freedom to live, study, work or retire in any EU country. These are privileges that made being British great. Sadly we’ve lost those privileges for ever. So it’s not so great anymore. And also if you don’t care about not having those privileges or never had any interest in travelling to Europe how do you think your day to day lives are gonna be any better now we are out of Europe permanently?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No-one really cares anymore tbh...
Hopefully there won't be no deal.
There's some TSRs here which are studying in the EU.
Oh yess... :h:
BCHO.jpg
Great Britain, Great Brexit, Great Bulldog. :cool:
Original post by Ambitious1999
Looks like it’s celebration time for most on TSR news & current affairs forums as there will be no extension.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-nicola-sturgeon-and-mark-drakeford-demand-boris-johnson-extends-transition-period-12005296?fbclid=IwAR1WnbwjpuY3Na089s__ZyBWfkd7jLrhXgA9JGkEPPqxescYeHGSIfAy6ws

We now have all the delight of an inevitable no deal Brexit, an even worse economic recession that Covid alone could ever give us. End of visa free travel or right to live study or work in the 27 nations. Amazes me how so many students have such contempt for the EU.

Never mind hope you leavers are all happy at least we won’t be in Europe anymore or ever again and you all get to own Brexit and all its problems. You voted for it / supported it, you got it! Yours to keep.

Boo hoo now hush and go cry in the corner.

Think you will find cv19 will have a far bigger impact than leaving the EU. By the way we have already left the EU, bit still occupy the same geographical position in Europe.
Original post by Daveological
No-one really cares anymore tbh...
Hopefully there won't be no deal.

You must be in the upper 10%.
Original post by Other_Owl
You must be in the upper 10%.

Not disclosing my financial situation but I'm most definitely not. I'm a remainer but I've gotten over it.
dont give a **** brexits the ****in reason britains messed up with corona cuz they were arguing bouyt it istead of ordering our PPE sht im done with it been arguing for nearly 3 years
Reply 8
I am satisfied indeed, thank you for your interest in my satisfaction.
Original post by londonmyst
Great Bulldog. :cool:

Minus all the health issues :redface: the modern british bulldog is a genetic disaster but i suppose that is it's own thread :getmecoat:
I wouldn’t could the chickens yet, there’s still 6 months to,go.
Original post by Tracey Stacey
Brexit was a great thing to happen, but this country is too damn soft to do anything about it. Anyone who wanted a second referendum or thought Brexit was wrong is a ****ing foreigner who should return to their own country, no offense to anyone who though Brexit was for the best.

Um, nah. I was born here.
Reply 12
Yep, we won't be needing to pay for the rest of the EU's recovery, at least I hope not.
Original post by Pathway
Um, nah. I was born here.

Then I either wasn't talking about you or think you should leave the country if you disagree with Brexit.
Then I either wasn't talking about you or think you should leave the country if you disagree with Brexit.

Why should I leave the country because I disagree with Brexit?
Original post by SHallowvale
Why should I leave the country because I disagree with Brexit?

Because Brexit was for the best and this country belongs to the English people.

I voted remain, but I bet it disgusts you that my dad's from a different country. Really ironic though because he voted leave. :lol:
Original post by Pathway
I voted remain, but I bet it disgusts you that my dad's from a different country. Really ironic though because he voted leave. :lol:

I'm in favour of anyone who voted leave, don't let my last comment convince you otherwise. This country belongs to those who voted leave and also to those who were born here. Everyone else should leave immediately, even if they are English by birth.
I'm in favour of anyone who voted leave, don't let my last comment convince you otherwise. This country belongs to those who voted leave and also to those who were born here. Everyone else should leave immediately, even if they are English by birth.

Awww, you are such a confused human.
Original post by Pathway
Awww, you are such a confused human.

No, the people who are confused are the people who voted stay, like you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending