The Student Room Group

How do I defer?

N/A
(edited 3 years ago)
you need to contact the uni - you do not have an automatic right to defer and they may just say No. If they don't accept deferral you would need to reapply next year and the competition will be higher with the International students who didn't come this year plus others who deferred.
Original post by Charley-Anne99
I need to defer this year - I'm a mature student and I can not find a job in the city where I'm supposed to be going to due to Covid. The uni has also issued a statement that classes will be online and due to learning difficulties this will be extremely difficult for me. I have decided to wait the year. But I have no idea how to defer! I haven't accepted my unconditional offer yet, I have until the middle of July. Do I accept and then defer? How do I actually attempt to defer - do I just need to email? Any help is very much appreciated, thankyou!

Yes just contact the uni to ask if you can defer, if you explain about your learning difficulties making online learning harder then they will hopefully be more sympathetic to your request to put your entry back to 2021

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending