The Student Room Group

Cass or Edinburgh?

So I have been applying for Msc programmes in Management and International Business, and have applied at Edinburgh, Glasgow and Cass. I have received an offer for Glasgow University, however I know it is not rated as highly in business as Cass or Edinburgh. Basically my question is- what uni is better - Edinburgh or Cass? I have an offer from Cass and i'm very tempted but their link with City is making me question it even through they are rated very highly in the FT rankings. I just feel like it's important to note- i'm not doing a financial Msc, its a Management or International Business Msc.
Original post by sehrixox
So I have been applying for Msc programmes in Management and International Business, and have applied at Edinburgh, Glasgow and Cass. I have received an offer for Glasgow University, however I know it is not rated as highly in business as Cass or Edinburgh. Basically my question is- what uni is better - Edinburgh or Cass? I have an offer from Cass and i'm very tempted but their link with City is making me question it even through they are rated very highly in the FT rankings. I just feel like it's important to note- i'm not doing a financial Msc, its a Management or International Business Msc.

Hi not sure where you are getting your information from? Have a look at the Guardian good university guide. Glasgow is ranked 19th, City 28th and Edinburgh 32nd for Business and Management. I am not sure why you are not considering Glasgow?

Going to CASS as opposed to Glasgow or Edinburgh would be as different as going to NYU or UCLA. The student experience will be totally different. Edinburgh is a lovely city, relatively small and very student-friendly. Glasgow is also a great city, very friendly. City university is in London so it will be a very different experience.
Reply 2
Original post by mike23mike
Hi not sure where you are getting your information from? Have a look at the Guardian good university guide. Glasgow is ranked 19th, City 28th and Edinburgh 32nd for Business and Management. I am not sure why you are not considering Glasgow?

Going to CASS as opposed to Glasgow or Edinburgh would be as different as going to NYU or UCLA. The student experience will be totally different. Edinburgh is a lovely city, relatively small and very student-friendly. Glasgow is also a great city, very friendly. City university is in London so it will be a very different experience.

I've looked at every university ranking except the Guardian. e.g The FT, THE, and QS rankings. I also look at them globally, not just UK wide as I would ideally like to work outside the UK after graduating. I'm from Glasgow, so already know what the Edinburgh and Glasgow are like - harder to find internships in than London. I'm wanting to know if Cass does well. Would it be worth my while (and money) going there or are those uni's just as good?
Original post by sehrixox
I've looked at every university ranking except the Guardian. e.g The FT, THE, and QS rankings. I also look at them globally, not just UK wide as I would ideally like to work outside the UK after graduating. I'm from Glasgow, so already know what the Edinburgh and Glasgow are like - harder to find internships in than London. I'm wanting to know if Cass does well. Would it be worth my while (and money) going there or are those uni's just as good?

One you have not mentioned is Strathclyde's Masters in Management. This can be topped up to an MBA once you gain 3 years of work experience. So two Masters for a little more outlay.

However, if your choice is between Edinburgh or CASS then I would pick the latter because of their connections with big business in the City.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending