The Student Room Group

Is she flirting with me?

There is this girl I have recently met and she is really nice but weird.

When we hang out she likes to make me feel special, I go to her house sometimes and when we sit nearby, she keeps playing with my long hair. She keeps complaining me and saying how pretty I am. I have told her I have a boyfriend, but that doesn't seem to stop her. She sends me messages asking how I am and how warm her bed is (I'm being serious) and keeps giving me gifts when we meet. But, I'm not sure if she is only playing or actually coming on to me?

How do I deal with the situation? This is nota troll post.
Complaining you?😟
Jk jk if you feel uncomfortable tell her straight up,personality I don’t think it matters if it’s flirting or not in this situation,it depends on how you feel about her doing this.
Flirting is quite often an indication, that somebody likes you.
So take that as a positive.
Reply 3
Original post by Rose_symonia
Complaining you?😟
Jk jk if you feel uncomfortable tell her straight up,personality I don’t think it matters if it’s flirting or not in this situation,it depends on how you feel about her doing this.

Yeah, I ment complimenting me, lol. I don't like her playing with my hair, it feels too intimate. I have told her to stop, but she keeps doing it. I don't want to come across as homophobic, but she needs to back off.
Reply 4
Original post by Karisa96
Flirting is quite often an indication, that somebody likes you.
So take that as a positive.

I would if I was a lesbian, but I'm not.
Original post by Anonymous
I would if I was a lesbian, but I'm not.

Oops sorry, posting under Anon, I couldn't get any indication from a username.
Reply 6
Tell her it makes you feel uncomfortable.
Reply 7
Original post by Karisa96
Oops sorry, posting under Anon, I couldn't get any indication from a username.

A username wouldn't indicate whether I was a lesbian.
Yeah, I ment complimenting me, lol. I don't like her playing with my hair, it feels too intimate. I have told her to stop, but she keeps doing it. I don't want to come across as homophobic, but she needs to back off.

Ohhhh well do she takes that as being homophobic you should 🏃*♀️ away as fast as you can lmao.
Don’t worry being straight up with a friend who’s making you feel uncomfortable isn’t homophobic,she’s clearly in the wrong here so don’t feel guilty either.
Maybe it’s the way you’re telling he to stop,are you saying it in like a joky way? (I hope you know what I mean omg)
I would tell her straight out that you are not interested. Kind honesty is the best way forward. This coming from a girl who has a crush on her friend. My poor mate 😂 gets it bad when I'm drunk. She may be new to these feelings. Be kind and truthful. If you want her to still be your friend but stop that's your only way forward.
If you're feeling uncomfortable by her behaviour then it's best to set boundaries as she clearly thinks it's okay to act that way. I think you should let her know how you feel about her making those comments and behaviour in general.
There is this girl I have recently met and she is really nice but weird.

When we hang out she likes to make me feel special, I go to her house sometimes and when we sit nearby, she keeps playing with my long hair. She keeps complaining me and saying how pretty I am. I have told her I have a boyfriend, but that doesn't seem to stop her. She sends me messages asking how I am and how warm her bed is (I'm being serious) and keeps giving me gifts when we meet. But, I'm not sure if she is only playing or actually coming on to me?

How do I deal with the situation? This is nota troll post.

I would kill her with kindness i guess. Tell her how you feel even tho it might be a bit awkward, and say that you only want to be friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending