The Student Room Group

Choosing Undergraduate Course

I’m currently applying for UCAS, however I have recently realised I don’t love the subject I am applying for as much as I thought I did and would rather apply for a different course. However, my EPQ and outside college activities link closely to my original subject.

I was wondering if this would limit my UCAS application in anyway or if I should just stick to my original plan. (It’s not as if I hate the subject, I just prefer another one that has more opportunities career wise.
Reply 1
you should definitely apply for what you really want to do
Pick the other subject if you'd prefer it.
Original post by 4everFangirling
I’m currently applying for UCAS, however I have recently realised I don’t love the subject I am applying for as much as I thought I did and would rather apply for a different course. However, my EPQ and outside college activities link closely to my original subject.

I was wondering if this would limit my UCAS application in anyway or if I should just stick to my original plan. (It’s not as if I hate the subject, I just prefer another one that has more opportunities career wise.

Obviously if it's something like Medicine it's a bit tricky, but most people don't have activities relating to the subject that they want to study - just reading. You can also say generic stuff about volunteering and part-time jobs that you might have done that will apply to skills needed for most courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending