The Student Room Group

English gcse speech

At this time what do you think is really important to people.About what they would like speech about. thanks oxoxoxooxxooxo
You should write about something you find passionate if your going to have to write, learn and perform a speech. I did it on the refugee crisis and ended up getting a Distinction, because it was a topic that I could confidently answer questions on.
Original post by Doraxxxxx
At this time what do you think is really important to people.About what they would like speech about. thanks oxoxoxooxxooxo

I'm a year 10 so have just written the speech recently but obviously it hasn't been performed or graded. I recommend if you're strongly politically opinioned, you do something based on those lines for example the minimum voting age, immigration, or say even recent events such as the black lives matter movement. Femenism, homosexuality, trans-lives, gun laws are all deep topics which can go into great depths to talk about and provide a lot of insight into your thoughts, for example I wrote my speech on heteronormativity which went into subtopics such as the media and adoptive laws.
The main point is always pick something you enjoy or are passionate about. Firstly, you don't want to write a speech that you're falling asleep to while re-reading, and secondly, you don't want to pick a topic which requires more research than your own knowledge, so you generally know better contexually. Pick a topic you know will sound from the heart, that you can have a confident argument too. If you aren't engaged, neither will be the audience.
Reply 3
thankkkk u girl x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending