Can the implant cause mood swings?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’ve switched to the implant on March and I’ve noticed that my mood swings have gone worse and more regular (when I’m supposed to be on period) and that my period has stopped completely. I get triggered and feel sad very easily these days. Is this normal?
loloslayer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
From a medical point of view, this is completely normal
12HoltE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I experience this too! Every girl is different. I've been on the implant since November, so about 7 months now. Only recently have I began to pick up on my behavioural patterns caused by the implant. I'm so emotional!! I used to only cry in private. No one would EVER see me cry. Now it's like I can cry on demand. Everything just seems so deep to me. Sometimes after sex, if it's reallyyyy good, I'll just look at my bf and be so appreciative to have him in my life and start hysterically crying.. when I say HYSTERICALLY crying, I mean it. However, when I'm on my period, or like a week before I start, I'm so irritable and agitated. I start keeping every little aspect of my life and dwell on the negatives. Sometimes I over think to the point of wanting to kill myself. I don't mean to scare you at all, this is just my experience. My periods starting soon and my bf could tell because apparently I was being rude lol. He then told me that he's gonna leave me alone for a few days because its 'crazy reds time'. This made me furious because when I'm on my period all I want is reassurance and cuddles. I haven't spoken to him in like 4 days now.

So yes to answer your question, mood swings are normal. It's only gotten worse for me. However, I'd rather go through this than have a child so young
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.23%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
20.83%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.59%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.47%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.94%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.94%

Watched Threads