The Student Room Group

Can the implant cause mood swings?

I’ve switched to the implant on March and I’ve noticed that my mood swings have gone worse and more regular (when I’m supposed to be on period) and that my period has stopped completely. I get triggered and feel sad very easily these days. Is this normal?
From a medical point of view, this is completely normal
Reply 2
I experience this too! Every girl is different. I've been on the implant since November, so about 7 months now. Only recently have I began to pick up on my behavioural patterns caused by the implant. I'm so emotional!! I used to only cry in private. No one would EVER see me cry. Now it's like I can cry on demand. Everything just seems so deep to me. Sometimes after sex, if it's reallyyyy good, I'll just look at my bf and be so appreciative to have him in my life and start hysterically crying.. when I say HYSTERICALLY crying, I mean it. However, when I'm on my period, or like a week before I start, I'm so irritable and agitated. I start keeping every little aspect of my life and dwell on the negatives. Sometimes I over think to the point of wanting to kill myself. I don't mean to scare you at all, this is just my experience. My periods starting soon and my bf could tell because apparently I was being rude lol. He then told me that he's gonna leave me alone for a few days because its 'crazy reds time'. This made me furious because when I'm on my period all I want is reassurance and cuddles. I haven't spoken to him in like 4 days now.

So yes to answer your question, mood swings are normal. It's only gotten worse for me. However, I'd rather go through this than have a child so young :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest