The Student Room Group

Can I get braces abroad and then get them tightened in the uk

Hi I’m 19 and I want to get braces in turkey (my country) because it’s cheaper and I’m broke as a student and I hate my teeth. Do you think I would still be able to get orthodontic treatments in the uk eg tightening of braces, dental bands etc
Original post by melisaaaa
Hi I’m 19 and I want to get braces in turkey (my country) because it’s cheaper and I’m broke as a student and I hate my teeth. Do you think I would still be able to get orthodontic treatments in the uk eg tightening of braces, dental bands etc

Hi,

You would have to sign up for an orthodontist in the UK and even then each brace tightening appointment you'll have to pay for. So there is no real difference? It may also be a struggle to get an orthodontist in these current times as I doubt they will be putting patients onto their lists before dealing with the backlog (unless there's urgent case etc).
Original post by melisaaaa

Phone up your local UK orthodontist and see what they say. Asking questions like this on here are pointless because even if someone says ‘Yes, absolutely!’ it doesn’t mean anything - you’re still going to have to phone up and arrange an appointment. You’re just wasting your time :smile:
Did you end up doing this? Give us an update because u want to do this too. Price etc

Quick Reply

Latest