The Student Room Group

EPQ outside of school?

I need to prove I can write good essays for the degree I want (PPE), but my current A-Level choices (Maths, Spanish, and Music) aren't essay subjects and I don't want to change them if at all possible. I thought it would be a good idea to take an EPQ, but my school doesn't run the programme anymore.

Has anyone taken an EPQ outside of their school? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks!
Reply 1
I am doing an EPQ (but not outside of school), you need to get a supervisor- so you can bounce ideas back and forth, really- they can recommend sources and really guide the development of your project. So, if I was you would I would try to phone round and see if other schools do it and if they wouldn't mind helping you with yours. Or, find an A-Level EPQ tutor online.
Reply 2
Original post by emma543
I am doing an EPQ (but not outside of school), you need to get a supervisor- so you can bounce ideas back and forth, really- they can recommend sources and really guide the development of your project. So, if I was you would I would try to phone round and see if other schools do it and if they wouldn't mind helping you with yours. Or, find an A-Level EPQ tutor online.

Ty! I'll have a check around my other local schools :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending