The Student Room Group

Best laptop for university

Starting uni in September, but at first lectures will mostly be online. I'm planning on having a desktop plus a laptop but will buy laptop first as its essential and once saved up money I'll build a gaming rig. Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a light and relatively thin laptop with an all day battery life, fingerprint sensor and a decent screen. Thanks in advance👍
Reply 1
Sorry forgot to add that 😂😂 I'm thinking anywhere between 500 - 700. As I said nothing too over the top as I'm planning on building a gaming pc later down the line
Original post by Akash_b1
Starting uni in September, but at first lectures will mostly be online. I'm planning on having a desktop plus a laptop but will buy laptop first as its essential and once saved up money I'll build a gaming rig. Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a light and relatively thin laptop with an all day battery life, fingerprint sensor and a decent screen. Thanks in advance👍

Hey @Akash_b1

I used a Hp in first year and it was really great! Also not too expensive either which is good

I was also considering a dell which are also good models

Perhaps it would be a good idea to compare different models on currys or something so you can compare spec directly
You'll need at least 128gb of storage - can buy an external hard drive at a later date if needed, and try to get 8gb of RAM so it doesn't go too slow

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks for the advice I'll have a look into all 3 👍
Reply 4
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hey @Akash_b1

I used a Hp in first year and it was really great! Also not too expensive either which is good

I was also considering a dell which are also good models

Perhaps it would be a good idea to compare different models on currys or something so you can compare spec directly
You'll need at least 128gb of storage - can buy an external hard drive at a later date if needed, and try to get 8gb of RAM so it doesn't go too slow

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep :smile:

Thanks for the advice I'll keep it in mind 👍
I've got a Google Pixelbook and it's done me perfectly!
Agree with the other comments regarding Lenovo. They offer a wide range of devices for all budgets and I feel they offer quality stuff for a decent price. I have the 330s which was around £350 but it's far better in terms of quality and performance than £500 HP or Dell ones I've had before. For £500-700 you'd get a great device with them. I'm not sponsored by Lenovo - just really pleased with my experience of their products!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending