The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

xxRAFNurse2bxx
Ohhhh.. thats exactly the sort of nurse i aspire to be.:biggrin: Good for you getting all that under your belt. You obviously didnt get your post-qualifying experince in the wards in Glasgow! haha!!

no theatres in a teaching hospital, A+E in a DGH and after that A+E in a teaching hospital, Back to A+E in a DGH, Acute Assessment unit in a DGH and for a change a regional tertiary unit attached to a DGH

I am guessing :p: that you work in A&E and in my experience (which was all i had stated before, i wasnt saying you can't do a lot in 2 years) A&E tend to fire you through IV/Phleb training etc, whereas in the wards ive been in, and im talking over 20 here, you are lucky if you are even booked onto an IV course at the 1.5 year point!

see above

ALS provider - I would like to do that as soon as i can. My dad is an ALS examiner so i want to do it whilst i can get extra tuition lol.

biggest problem at the minute is places as all the FY2 docs have to do it ...

Where do you work ZippyRN? Are you serving?

x

a DGH with some tertiary units

not serving although i was in the reserve forces for a bit.
That all sounds fab!! Yeah i wanna get my rotation done and then i want to try and get into critical care and do my ALS then!

Thats a lot of moving around you've done! I am really looking forward to starting now. I want to do as much as i can!

x
xxRAFNurse2bxx
That all sounds fab!! Yeah i wanna get my rotation done and then i want to try and get into critical care and do my ALS then!

Thats a lot of moving around you've done! I am really looking forward to starting now. I want to do as much as i can!

x

6 jobs in seven years, only 4 trusts as the last three have all been for the same trust A+E of choice, Assessment unit due to service reconfiguration and the current job down to negotiation

theatres job was 9 months first A+E 18 months, second A=e 6 months ( pre AFC so move to 3rd A+E was Dto E) A+E no.3 2 and a bit years - 18 months on Assessment unit and currently 2 /12 on current area

Latest