The Student Room Group

****ed up college applications

dyall ever feel like maybe you ****ed things up for yourself? like, if you didnt waste all that time learning the piano you could have done interesting internships in the subject you liked and may have gotten into the college you wanted to? no? just me? alright cool.
Reply 1
genuinely tho, if everyone knew colleges arent looking for well rounded students, why does evertyone act like they are. every goddamn soap show has a kid who got into ivy league or oxbridge. but when you look at it, they are just average!
Reply 2
it seems to be a little too late to correct this too. with the whole pandemic thingy, there arent many internships i can look at
Reply 3
for all you kids applying to top schools, dont be fooled. being well-rounded does you no good. however, if you excel in one thing and stay grounded and humble, you will def be picked.

wow. i feel old. thanks yall. goodbye
I'm sorry you feel like that :frown: it's true that academics is prioritised! On the other hand, some unis do offer music scholarships and stuff :smile:
Reply 5
Had a friend who thought that her mad rowing skills would guarantee her a place a Cambridge

Yet to hear the result 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending