The Student Room Group

[Golden thread] What will you miss about lockdown, and why?

This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 20th August 2020 to be in with a chance of winning an Amazon Voucher!! The more you post, the higher your chance of winning :yep: But remember not to spam or your post will be removed :nope:

Although the past few months have been a challenging time for us all, there have certainly been some positives. Whether it's more time with our families, a chance to work on projects we are usually too busy for, or anything else.

So, people of TSR, what will you miss about lockdown (and why)?

Here's the list of 2020 golden threads:

Golden ThreadsWhat will you miss about lockdown?
Sum up 2020 so far in a gif/meme
What would you change your TSR username to, and why?
If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
What do you think the world will look like in 5 years time?
If you were president for the day, what rule would you enforce?
What did you accomplish during lockdown?
How has lockdown changed your role?
What's the most useful thing you learnt at school?
Design a sandwich for 8472 to eat
How has lockdown changed your exercise regime?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The calm, not having to rush to and from work, to and from studies, to and from peoples homes etc.
Learning to take things slow and lead a more peaceful life.
Reply 2
Not needing to pay out to commute.

But I think that's it, tbh
Not having to greet my weird European family with the how many kisses on the check d you do!? It's been 15 years since they moved here and I still get it wrong every time I see them :confused:
Submitting homework at midnight.
That was fun.
Not over yet, but I suppose I'll miss the time I got to spend alone, which is extremely rare.
Streets being more empty, especially in London. Something I would have never even thought of witnessing, it feels so serene and otherwordly.
Air pollution levels going down too as a result.
(edited 3 years ago)
Being on TSR 24/7
During lockdown I at least have an excuse for not going out 😂
The free time and the more relaxed environment surrounding University work :yy:
Also the community spirit surrounding it all
Playing Monopoly often with my parents. :biggrin:
It being socially acceptable to cross the road just to avoid 3 seconds of eye contact.
me not having to see so many people in a day (i have anxiety and feel really anxious around a lot of people)
The free time to do what I want!! I’ve learn to many useful things over lockdown - eg: I’ve done a lot of cooking and tried new recipes
And being able to get enough sleep
I like working from home but that is about it.
No traffic.
Not having to take exams. Where I live, the grades from my first semester just got copied into the 2nd semester. You could only improve with additional engagement but not worsen. I will definitely miss not having too work for school.
Not having to buy a £100 travel card every month. Taking a break from the soul-crushing rush-hour is also a plus :nothing:
Reply 19
The amount of free time I get for cooking and baking.

Latest