The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2020 - Discussion and Help

Poll

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

SQA Results Day 2020 is on Tuesday 4th August this year!

Everyone will receive results by post, and if you've signed up to mySQA, you should receive a text or email from SQA on or just after 8am on results day.

This is the place for all things results day, so whether you just want to chat to some other students, have some questions about results day, or you need any help or advice on the day itself, there will be a team of TSRians here to help

It's obviously a very different situation we're all in this year, with exams having been cancelled. So, how's everyone feeling about it?

Other SQA Results Threads and Useful Articles

•

How did other students find their Nat 5, Higher and Advanced Higher courses this year? Find out in the 2019-20 Discussion Threads.

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

One word that all of us have in mind: Scared
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Kubsyy
One word rhat all of us have in mind: Scared

:sadnod: Is really a rubbish situation for you all :s-smilie: Know this is very easy for someone not getting results to say, but no matter what happens it will be ok. It might not immediately be ok, it might need a bit of figuring out, but there will almost definitely be another way of getting where you want to be :redface:
Reply 3
I’m just ready to be disappointed:smile:
Original post by BRH1234
I’m just ready to be disappointed:smile:

:console: What results is it you're waiting on? :smile:
Original post by Labrador99
:sadnod: Is really a rubbish situation for you all :s-smilie: Know this is very easy for someone not getting results to say, but no matter what happens it will be ok. It might not immediately be ok, it might need a bit of figuring out, but there will almost definitely be another way of getting where you want to be :redface:

Yeah :frown: for admin I can expect from A-no award (and probably for other subjects) and that’s really worrying :/
Original post by Kubsyy
Yeah :frown: for admin I can expect from A-no award (and probably for other subjects) and that’s really worrying :/

The unknown is one of the worst things (in general) I think :s-smilie: No matter what it says on that bit of paper/text/email, there will be people here who can help you figure out what to do next :yep:
I’m worried about the SQA modifying the grades while my school usually does well and my grades were very good last year Im unsure about whether they might bring them down because they assumed they were over predicted
I signed up for MySQA last year when I was doing my Nat 5's to get the text, are you supposed to say you want the text every year or does it just assume automatically?
Original post by SchuylerSister22
I signed up for MySQA last year when I was doing my Nat 5's to get the text, are you supposed to say you want the text every year or does it just assume automatically?

No it will send you your results every year - only need to register once
Original post by Horsesarethebest
I’m worried about the SQA modifying the grades while my school usually does well and my grades were very good last year Im unsure about whether they might bring them down because they assumed they were over predicted

Understandable to be worried :sadnod: Equally though, if you've got the evidence of being on track to achieve a certain grade, then that's definitely a good thing! How were you doing before the schools stopped in terms of the grades you were working at vs what you're looking to achieve?
(edited 3 years ago)
Understandable to be worried :sadnod: Equally though, if you've got the evidence of being on track to achieve a certain grade, then that's definitely a good thing! How were you doing before the schools stopped in terms of the grades you were working at vs what you're looking to achieve?

I had AAB In prelims but would like to get AAA even though I only need BB for my course at university
i was feeling fairly comfortable about results day because all my evidence points towards me getting the exact grades i need for my conditional but now i've heard about the sqa's "moderating" and how they've (apparently) severely marked down kids from schools that don't traditionally perform well. my school is ranked below #200 in scotland and although i know we could be ranked even lower, i'm absolutely bricking it
Original post by Horsesarethebest
I had AAB In prelims but would like to get AAA even though I only need BB for my course at university

Well done on your prelim grades! That is definitely a positive in the sense that (assuming your prelim was set at the right level) there is as good evidence as we can get that you're capable of those grades! On the one that was a B, that would still be a really good grade, and though I know it probably doesn't help much as the results do matter now, longer term, it won't really affect what you do beyond uni. Hope this helps at least a little :smile:
Original post by lizziegreen
i was feeling fairly comfortable about results day because all my evidence points towards me getting the exact grades i need for my conditional but now i've heard about the sqa's "moderating" and how they've (apparently) severely marked down kids from schools that don't traditionally perform well. my school is ranked below #200 in scotland and although i know we could be ranked even lower, i'm absolutely bricking it

At the minute, we don't yet have the full picture/data as it's under embargo, but can definitely see why you're worried, in that they've not been very transparent about the whole thing :s-smilie: Remember that if you get lower than the grade your school submitted to the SQA, you (via your school) will be allowed to appeal it through the post certification reviews. In normal years, universities do consider candidates who have missed their grades on an individual basis to decide whether they will accept them anyways, and this will still happen this year too. I know this won't be a massive reassurance, seeing as it really is a wait & see situation, but there will be people here on the day who can help if you need, no matter what letters are on the page/email/text :smile:
With only a few days to go, it's time to get your results predictions in!! :biggrin:
Just wondering, will we still get bands this year or just letter grades?
Original post by macrophage
Just wondering, will we still get bands this year or just letter grades?

Letter grades. Bands never show up in our certificates
Original post by lizziegreen

I feel that! My school is only in the very late #100's and now I'm really scared. Plus I am a bit above some of my class mates in grade(not trying to brag it is just relivant) because I think that the sqa might move my grade down to make the gap between our grades smaller. Which I understand but I worked really really hard in those classes and need these grades for next year:s-smilie:. My school has not proformed well in the last few years at all with less and less kids getting the grades they need to get to uni or college
(edited 3 years ago)
With only a few days to go, it's time to get your results predictions in!! :biggrin:

Tbh I'm a bit scared to predict my grades as I have no clue what im in for :smile:. With everything being up in the air this year.

Quick Reply

Latest