The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
next time dont drink, if you cant handle it
Reply 2
i don't think paracetamol will do anything since you got to try and get the alcohol out of your body and the only to do that would be 'rest' and 'piss'!
Reply 3
u won't learn but u will anticipate it better in the future ha ha
Reply 4
Multi-V, water and some salty, fatty food and carbs i.e. a fry up will help you bounce back
King4eva
next time dont drink, if you cant handle it

I usually can handle it, but yesterday was just a joke pff.
Reply 6
Search...there are millions of billions of threads on this. Or don't drink if you can't handle it :biggrin:
1. Coffee.
2. Sugar.
3. Starchy and greasy foods.

In that order.

I'm having a particularly lovely hangover right now. It's one of my favourites I call the "De-cider". Well, I don't, but now I shall! It's when you spend a whole night on cider, bolting it back like it's going out of fashion - and you wake up wishing you hadn't. It's nowhere near as bad as the hangover you have, dear boy, but it's one of my "funner" ones.

If you didn't have that interview, I'd have suggested getting yourself some starchy food to mop up the alcohol, and then heading off to bed for a bit. But, since you need to be awake to answer inane questions - just drink a shedload of coffee (not cola, not red bull, not lucozade [though as an isotonic drink it might do some good]). It always works for me - wake up, think "whyyyyy?", boil kettle, make strong, yet milky, coffee, long, luke-warm shower, start munching on toast or make some chips for the day.

That's something to remember next time - when you're drinking copious amounts, always stop somewhere for some starch. It's a brilliant way to mop up the alcohol as you go along. My results day - I was practically sober til I went out because my mate's mother was giving us lots and lots of starchy food all day in his house while we drank. As soon as I went out - I was drunk very very quickly, from drinking at the same pace.
Reply 8
I feel like i might die today. It's my first experience of a hangover.. waheyy! I normally feel rough for about half an hour then it's fine.
Looking through my outbox this morning wasn't a good experience.
I didn't even drink that much tbh.. Rum is not my friend...
Bring on tonight!!! :yes:
Reply 9
Drink lots of water, it should make you feel better. :smile:
Reply 10
Spongebob*No*Pants
I usually can handle it, but yesterday was just a joke pff.

lol ok ...drink water
I know exactly how your feeling, I'm verrrry hungover today, last night was messy and I only got an hours sleep. Oh and I have work all afternoon. Drink lots of water and eat something, it does help.
Thanks everyone!
CatatonicStupor
1. Coffee.
2. Sugar.
3. Starchy and greasy foods.

In that order.

I'm having a particularly lovely hangover right now. It's one of my favourites I call the "De-cider". Well, I don't, but now I shall! It's when you spend a whole night on cider, bolting it back like it's going out of fashion - and you wake up wishing you hadn't. It's nowhere near as bad as the hangover you have, dear boy, but it's one of my "funner" ones.

If you didn't have that interview, I'd have suggested getting yourself some starchy food to mop up the alcohol, and then heading off to bed for a bit. But, since you need to be awake to answer inane questions - just drink a shedload of coffee (not cola, not red bull, not lucozade [though as an isotonic drink it might do some good]). It always works for me - wake up, think "whyyyyy?", boil kettle, make strong, yet milky, coffee, long, luke-warm shower, start munching on toast or make some chips for the day.

That's something to remember next time - when you're drinking copious amounts, always stop somewhere for some starch. It's a brilliant way to mop up the alcohol as you go along. My results day - I was practically sober til I went out because my mate's mother was giving us lots and lots of starchy food all day in his house while we drank. As soon as I went out - I was drunk very very quickly, from drinking at the same pace.

you probably googled this crap but still a thorough answer so thanks!
+rep
Reply 14
If you're using a computer your hangover's not bad enough.
Reply 15
man up!
Reply 16
You need to keep drinking water and pissing.
Reply 17
Renal
If you're using a computer your hangover's not bad enough.

:ditto:

whyd you get yourself drunk the night before an interview? :s-smilie:

a fry up usually works for me, just get something in your stomach, you should feel better :yes: oh yeah and lots of water :yes:
Reply 18
I'm also hungover today, so worth it though!!
Just had a BLT so feeling remarkably better. Sip as much water as you can stomach. I drink earl grey with milk when I'm feeling really rough.
Reply 19
I have a huge hangover too i share your pain!
im trying to drink water but its not going down well.. iv had some mushy peas & tomato ketchup sounds gross i know but feel slightly better =]

drinking that much the night before an interview probably wasnt wise id recommend going for a little walk & sipping lucozade if you can stomach food eat cards like bread

or you could have another drink your interview would be more fun then :/

Latest

Trending

Trending