Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had a very messed up night yesterday and got home at around 5.
    I've puked numerous times.
    I just took 3 500mg paracetamol pills since 1 didn't seem to do the trick.
    I just took a shower and got dressed, but I'm still feeling pants!!

I also have an interview today, arg.

Any help would be appreciated

I'll never drink so much ever again eughh!

ReputationRep:
    next time dont drink, if you cant handle it

ReputationRep:
    i don't think paracetamol will do anything since you got to try and get the alcohol out of your body and the only to do that would be 'rest' and 'piss'!

ReputationRep:
    u won't learn but u will anticipate it better in the future ha ha

ReputationRep:
    Multi-V, water and some salty, fatty food and carbs i.e. a fry up will help you bounce back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King4eva)
    next time dont drink, if you cant handle it
    I usually can handle it, but yesterday was just a joke pff.

ReputationRep:
    Search...there are millions of billions of threads on this. Or don't drink if you can't handle it

ReputationRep:
    I feel like i might die today. It's my first experience of a hangover.. waheyy! I normally feel rough for about half an hour then it's fine.
    Looking through my outbox this morning wasn't a good experience.
    I didn't even drink that much tbh.. Rum is not my friend...
    Bring on tonight!!! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    1. Coffee.
    2. Sugar.
    3. Starchy and greasy foods.

In that order.

I'm having a particularly lovely hangover right now. It's one of my favourites I call the "De-cider". Well, I don't, but now I shall! It's when you spend a whole night on cider, bolting it back like it's going out of fashion - and you wake up wishing you hadn't. It's nowhere near as bad as the hangover you have, dear boy, but it's one of my "funner" ones.

If you didn't have that interview, I'd have suggested getting yourself some starchy food to mop up the alcohol, and then heading off to bed for a bit. But, since you need to be awake to answer inane questions - just drink a shedload of coffee (not cola, not red bull, not lucozade [though as an isotonic drink it might do some good]). It always works for me - wake up, think "whyyyyy?", boil kettle, make strong, yet milky, coffee, long, luke-warm shower, start munching on toast or make some chips for the day.

That's something to remember next time - when you're drinking copious amounts, always stop somewhere for some starch. It's a brilliant way to mop up the alcohol as you go along. My results day - I was practically sober til I went out because my mate's mother was giving us lots and lots of starchy food all day in his house while we drank. As soon as I went out - I was drunk very very quickly, from drinking at the same pace.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Drink lots of water, it should make you feel better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spongebob*No*Pants)
    I usually can handle it, but yesterday was just a joke pff.
    lol ok ...drink water

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how your feeling, I'm verrrry hungover today, last night was messy and I only got an hours sleep. Oh and I have work all afternoon. Drink lots of water and eat something, it does help.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    1. Coffee.
    2. Sugar.
    3. Starchy and greasy foods.

In that order.

I'm having a particularly lovely hangover right now. It's one of my favourites I call the "De-cider". Well, I don't, but now I shall! It's when you spend a whole night on cider, bolting it back like it's going out of fashion - and you wake up wishing you hadn't. It's nowhere near as bad as the hangover you have, dear boy, but it's one of my "funner" ones.

If you didn't have that interview, I'd have suggested getting yourself some starchy food to mop up the alcohol, and then heading off to bed for a bit. But, since you need to be awake to answer inane questions - just drink a shedload of coffee (not cola, not red bull, not lucozade [though as an isotonic drink it might do some good]). It always works for me - wake up, think "whyyyyy?", boil kettle, make strong, yet milky, coffee, long, luke-warm shower, start munching on toast or make some chips for the day.

That's something to remember next time - when you're drinking copious amounts, always stop somewhere for some starch. It's a brilliant way to mop up the alcohol as you go along. My results day - I was practically sober til I went out because my mate's mother was giving us lots and lots of starchy food all day in his house while we drank. As soon as I went out - I was drunk very very quickly, from drinking at the same pace.
    you probably googled this crap but still a thorough answer so thanks!
    +rep

ReputationRep:
    If you're using a computer your hangover's not bad enough.

ReputationRep:
    man up!

ReputationRep:
    You need to keep drinking water and pissing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    If you're using a computer your hangover's not bad enough.
    :ditto:

whyd you get yourself drunk the night before an interview?

a fry up usually works for me, just get something in your stomach, you should feel better :yes: oh yeah and lots of water :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm also hungover today, so worth it though!!
    Just had a BLT so feeling remarkably better. Sip as much water as you can stomach. I drink earl grey with milk when I'm feeling really rough.

ReputationRep:
    I have a huge hangover too i share your pain!
    im trying to drink water but its not going down well.. iv had some mushy peas & tomato ketchup sounds gross i know but feel slightly better =]

drinking that much the night before an interview probably wasnt wise id recommend going for a little walk & sipping lucozade if you can stomach food eat cards like bread

or you could have another drink your interview would be more fun then :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.