The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Is Lancaster a good university for physics?

Is Lancaster a good university for physics (as an undergraduate for 2021 entry predicted 4 A*s)
Yes but given your predicted grades why not try Oxbridge?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Yes but given your predicted grades why not try Oxbridge?

I will but I need a ‘safer’ choice which is still decent
Original post by Greg2003
I will but I need a ‘safer’ choice which is still decent

Yes Lancaster should fit that bill
Definitely. I can speak as a mum lol. My daughters going to Lancaster for 2020. (applied for oxford got to interview stage but that's as far as she got)
We saw Lancaster York, Leicester and Leeds. Oxbridge aside, Lancaster out shone all 4 of those. Yorks was just as good, but accommodation was more expensive. Leicester was still good, but was more of a insurance clearing choice (she was predicted 4A*s too and offered BBC there)
But Lancaster was great. The isolab is brilliant. Cold matter physics is pretty cool and i'm not into that kind of thing lol. Particle physics and the astro cosmology departments were great as well as the labs. The reviews on 'What uni' are predominantly 5 stars for teaching and resources and the degree in general. Its AAA for a masters, but she got the unconditional. Ive got a blog on here with pics and stuff from open days and applications and oxford of course :smile: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6562744

**edit, shes doing masters in Physics, Particle physics and Cosmology 2020 start
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Greg2003
Is Lancaster a good university for physics (as an undergraduate for 2021 entry predicted 4 A*s)

Hi @Greg2003,

Lancaster is currently 2nd in the UK for Physics (the Guardian University Guide 2020) and it is a very popular course. You can find out more information about the course modules and alternative courses available here.

I'd recommend that you chat to some of our current Physics students on our Unibuddy platform, to get an insight into their experience also.

If you want any more information about Lancaster university itself, to inform your decision, I'd be happy to help!

Maria :smile:
1st year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
Reply 6
if you do want to learn more about physics at lancaster, there’s an awesome youtuber called alicedoesphysics who did her bsc there, did her masters at oxford and is now about to start a job with the met office. hope this helps :smile:
Reply 7
maybe op wanted to know more details or about the experience. rankings don’t really give that :smile:
Reply 8
i’ve always found real experiences more helpful than the student satisfaction rankings. it gives it more insight yk? :smile:
Reply 9
hey you don’t need to apologise. i’m so sorry she treated you like that. i hope you’re feeling better 💗

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending