The Student Room Group

Dropping out of College

I want to drop out of college but not too sure how to. I'm 17 and in the UK you have to stay in education till your 18. I'm going into second year of college but know a few people dropped out during first year. I'm not enjoying my subjects or any the college has to offer. I'd rather move to another college but the deadline has passed so I'll have to wait for the next academic year summer 2021 to apply for colleges again. Meaning I wont be in education for a full year before I'm 18. Is there anyone that's dropped out at 17 and was there any consequences. Also how do I email my teacher telling him that I'm leaving, what should I say I'm not too sure. Any help would be appreciated.
Okay if you’re really unhappy then go to another school but u need to tell your school how you’re feeling or just pick other courses and resit year 12 again before u go back in September ( that’s if we defo go back). They will make an exception for u surely if not there are schools that except adults etc but they will have this for specific requirements on their education or on their website so just look at some colleges in your area. I think u should just stay till year 13 get it over and done with because some uni courses don’t require specific a-levels same with certain jobs so u can just do work experience etc. U should just email your teachers or get the head of year to call u, when people wanted to drop out of my school they got a call from the school and decided it was easier to stay because it would have dragged to do school again for another two years. Not to mention all your friends will be leaving before u.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
I haven't applied to any colleges so I'd have to wait till 2021. But do you know if there would be any consequences if I was to drop out at 17

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending