The Student Room Group

Losing will to live

I'm staying with a relative down the road for the next month because I thought it would be easier to study and sleep, but I’ve been unable to do either of those things effectively - if anything, I feel worse than I would at home. In a nutshell, I’m 17 and share a room with my 19 year old sister who used to be civil with me, but who suddenly started hanging out with different people and now treats me like dirt, so I couldn’t take it and left. That makes me so very weak, I know, but I don’t have energy for arguments or standing my ground. Anyway, 30 minutes ago I tried putting a fan on (one you plug in) because I can’t cope in this heat and I was wearing ear plugs so mustn’t have realised how loud I was being, then my relative called my name and I got scared not knowing who it was as the sound was muffled. They told me to sleep downstairs instead (???) and that I was disturbing the neighbours which is completely fair as it’s their home, but I was literally plugging a fan in then plopped myself straight on the bed. Either way, I haven’t been sleeping till 3am most nights because there are loads of bugs and again, it’s super warm, so I’ve just decided to stay up all night in the ‘office’ room (empty bedroom) watching films to kill the time and will probably even do some studying since I’ve done nothing all day. I know I sound dramatic and insane, and should just go back to bed, but if I’m just going to lay there anxious then it’s probably best to occupy myself. Man, I just wish the summer was over.
Original post by Anonymousamie
I'm staying with a relative down the road for the next month because I thought it would be easier to study and sleep, but I’ve been unable to do either of those things effectively - if anything, I feel worse than I would at home. In a nutshell, I’m 17 and share a room with my 19 year old sister who used to be civil with me, but who suddenly started hanging out with different people and now treats me like dirt, so I couldn’t take it and left. That makes me so very weak, I know, but I don’t have energy for arguments or standing my ground. Anyway, 30 minutes ago I tried putting a fan on (one you plug in) because I can’t cope in this heat and I was wearing ear plugs so mustn’t have realised how loud I was being, then my relative called my name and I got scared not knowing who it was as the sound was muffled. They told me to sleep downstairs instead (???) and that I was disturbing the neighbours which is completely fair as it’s their home, but I was literally plugging a fan in then plopped myself straight on the bed. Either way, I haven’t been sleeping till 3am most nights because there are loads of bugs and again, it’s super warm, so I’ve just decided to stay up all night in the ‘office’ room (empty bedroom) watching films to kill the time and will probably even do some studying since I’ve done nothing all day. I know I sound dramatic and insane, and should just go back to bed, but if I’m just going to lay there anxious then it’s probably best to occupy myself. Man, I just wish the summer was over.

i know this heat can be hard, i think everyone is struggling with it. just try to stay positive and you can message me on here if you would like for distractions. i have been feeling down and lonely not seeing people at the moment because of social anxiety so if you ever need to talk message!
Original post by Anonymousamie

Hi that’s sounds hard and it doesn’t sound dramatic at all.
If you are happier at home then go back home .. ur sister is being a DOG
If u ask me these relatives don’t sound good if they’re telling you to go sleep downstairs just coz of a little noise you made.. sounds like they are fed up
I suggest you go back home.l I’m assuming the resr of ur family is alright except your sister ? Or do you only live with your sister ? Either way you should be able to avoid your sister enough at home . But I guess it’s not that easy if youvehad to move away

All I can say is just go with your gut feeling and / or write the pros and cons of living with ur sister back at home or with your relatives and whichever has the more pros, choose that. If your pros and cons are even your screwed lol . Just go with your gut and your heart . If u think you’d rather be at home rn then maybe its time to go back

Good luck
hey
just hang on in there for a bit longer till ur 18 and can get out of there

do u hv a job? maybe get one....a good way to get ur mind of things + earn some money so u can move out a lot easier

(:
Original post by becca123564
i know this heat can be hard, i think everyone is struggling with it. just try to stay positive and you can message me on here if you would like for distractions. i have been feeling down and lonely not seeing people at the moment because of social anxiety so if you ever need to talk message!

Feel free to message me if you feel the need to talk.

Hope this helps:

1) Relax, imagine you're just observing or there as a traveller. For example, if you are on holiday, you go there to experience and observe the attraction, you're not going to get anxious doing that are you?

2) Smile, smiling in contagious.

3) Be confident, respect yourself, accept yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, you have got as much right as everyone else.

Think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you confident? What makes you proud? Do you have a skill you are good at? Do things like cooking, driving, learning that increases your confidence daily. Relax.

Have good posture, body language, improve your appearance. Be happy with yourself.

4) Dress well, have good grooming, hairstyle, have good posture.

5) Just say hi or hey to people in your vicinity, who cares if they don't say anything back?

6) Ask how they are, how's everything, what's the latest, what made them choose this course, their plans for the future, their plans for the rest of the day, weekend, how was their weekend, what they will get up to, what they got up to, ask them about their hobbies, talk about what's happening.

Talk about the weather or did you see that sports game? Just mingle with them,

Compliment them, say "I like your jacket".

If you know they went on a holiday or somewhere, ask them about it etc.

7) Be passionate about life.

8) Lighten up, have a laugh, laugh easily, be friendly, approachable, interested, relaxed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending