The Student Room Group

Foundation engineering degrees

Hey! I received an offer to do a foundation degree in engineering and physical sciences however at Notts however am confused as to how the years work? I already have accomodation fixed so would that change? Does my student finance also change?
Kind regards!
Original post by pickles1234
Hey! I received an offer to do a foundation degree in engineering and physical sciences however at Notts however am confused as to how the years work? I already have accomodation fixed so would that change? Does my student finance also change?
Kind regards!

do you mean a foundation year? typically this is a course that focuses on maths and physics to get you up to the required A-level standard. After passing the foundation year you should pass through automatically to year 1 of your chosen degree. You will need to change student finance, but your accommodation should be fine.
Kind regards!

Essentially it will add an extra year onto the beginning of your degree. If it isn't an integrated foundation year, you will still need to apply through UCAS for the actual engineering degree.

It would be a good idea to contact the uni to check your accommodation stays the same - it should but it is best not to assume, and will give you peace of mind to check.

You will need to contact your student finance to make them aware of the change of course.
Kind regards!

Hey! I received the same offer today because my grades downgraded quite a bit. They had a live Q&A session earlier today and they said that if you already have a place for accommodation that it stays the same for the foundation year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending