The Student Room Group

How to stop caring

I care so much abt what ppl think of me.
do they think I'm a wierdo? do they think I'm a nerd?
do they take pity on me cuz I'm on the quieter side?

how do i stop caring abt those insignificant things? Please give me tips I really wanna grow into a confident version of myself who does give a **** abt what other think, but atm i overthink everythinggggg ):
Reply 1
Focus less on other people and more on yourself.
Reading this is basically like reading how I am. My advice is to do what I've done recently. Don't stop caring - it makes you a wonderful person, but I have started hiding how much I care from everyone in my life now. Admittedly, it's also because I'm suffering a lot mentally and everyone who's tried to help has let me down so I'm hiding all that away from everyone and giving them the happy carefree version of me that they want, but I'm doing it with the things I'm passionate about as well - I can keep caring as I want, but no-one else needs to know.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Reading this is basically like reading how I am. My advice is to do what I've done recently. Don't stop caring - it makes you a wonderful person, but I have started hiding how much I care from everyone in my life now. Admittedly, it's also because I'm suffering a lot mentally and everyone who's tried to help has let me down so I'm hiding all that away from everyone and giving them the happy carefree version of me that they want, but I'm doing it with the things I'm passionate about as well - I can keep caring as I want, but no-one else needs to know.

ahh glad im not alone ):
Reply 4
Original post by Pathway
Focus less on other people and more on yourself.

ok thank youu for ur advice :smile: its something I rlly need to start doing
ahh glad im not alone ):

:hugs:It's tough caring so much, but don't ever apologise for it. It's sadly a rare quality in today's society. As I say, I find it far easier and I'm far happier keeping everything to myself - it's tough somedays, but I remind myself that by hiding that part of me away, I have the freedom to care about what I want as deeply as I want. Instead, people just see a version of me who is superficially happy and that's fine.
It's easy, you just stare vaguely off into the distance like this.
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort

im sorry? wdum
Reply 8
Original post by StriderHort

wait wtf it acc worked whatttttttttttttttttttttttt
You’re a bad bleep regardless and at the end of the day it’s about you and how you feel so don’t leet anyone tell you otherwise. And do what you like doing and hopefully you’ll start feeling better about you :smile:
You’re a bad bleep regardless and at the end of the day it’s about you and how you feel so don’t leet anyone tell you otherwise. And do what you like doing and hopefully you’ll start feeling better about you :smile:

thank u!! this means alot to me, reallyyy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending