The Student Room Group

Part Time mental health nursing at 26

Hi all, I have a question.

The university I’ll be applying to next year (Plymouth) offers part time nursing and I’ve already spoken to them a little about it. I’m wondering how many hours etc it will be a week (they couldn’t answer this at the time) and if anyone has done part time nursing? I know placement is still 37.5 hours but my current full time job is a retail manager which I can’t come out of for another 3 years due to my husbands visa (he’s american) which means I have to be earning my salary until his 5 years in the country. We live on our own and have rent to pay as well as bills but I’m not getting any younger and nursing is absolutely what I want to do with my life. I’ve done part time study at the OU and managed half a degree some years back but not in the field I actually wanted.
Is it possible to do full time work whilst doing a part time degree? The uni campus is a short drive from my home so this isn’t an issue and the hospital is right next door- just worried about balancing work and unless I can get a salaried care job for over 19k pa I can’t come out of my existing work for another 3 years.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending