The Student Room Group

✨reaching for a starinthenight:a multiyear gyg✨

Scroll to see replies

Original post by starinthenight2
Nothing yet nothing yet :/ it’s been two weeks and nothing. Radio silences.
I’m just not gonna bother checking my emails for two weeks cuz low-key it’s just getting time wasting atp.
I did however get 82% in my recent genetics test 😎 A* biology ones
Although low-key wanted 90%+ but whatever
A win is a win atm
It feels like everyone is low-key sitting on one offer atm which is just a bit demoralising but we move uk
Leicester are taking ages aston and kings seem like April
Time is moving veryyyyy slowly

I have made all my bio quizlets tho 🧬
And I’m going thru applied mechanics papers
I have done all the chem papers but I haven’t marked them
Also I need to do unit 5

As u can tell Im in full on exam mode now 😈

I have 5 days of no school rn because ✨teacher strikes✨+weekend
Even tho last week we had two days off because of ✨snow days✨

So yh basically I’ve not gone to school very much and it’s not even on purpose 💀

But I want 5 days of productivity and no thinking about offers so instead imna make myself very busy.

-4 mechanics papers to do
-all the mixed exercises for mechanics
-marking the chem papers
- unit 5
-quizletting chem
-biology unifying (2000-2009 papers)

✨and then the quizlet mania will begin✨

And it’s going to be 6am -9.30pm days

I acc have mocks on April 17th 1 paper per subject

Whaa lucky u got snow day and strike days off. Year 13s and 11s here gotta come in. Might bunk on Thursday tho.. :tongue:

Also how do u find the old spec papers for chem and bio compared to new spec?
Nothing yet nothing yet :/ it’s been two weeks and nothing. Radio silences.
I’m just not gonna bother checking my emails for two weeks cuz low-key it’s just getting time wasting atp.
I did however get 82% in my recent genetics test 😎 A* biology ones
Although low-key wanted 90%+ but whatever
A win is a win atm
It feels like everyone is low-key sitting on one offer atm which is just a bit demoralising but we move uk
Leicester are taking ages aston and kings seem like April
Time is moving veryyyyy slowly

I have made all my bio quizlets tho 🧬
And I’m going thru applied mechanics papers
I have done all the chem papers but I haven’t marked them
Also I need to do unit 5

As u can tell Im in full on exam mode now 😈

I have 5 days of no school rn because ✨teacher strikes✨+weekend
Even tho last week we had two days off because of ✨snow days✨

So yh basically I’ve not gone to school very much and it’s not even on purpose 💀

But I want 5 days of productivity and no thinking about offers so instead imna make myself very busy.

-4 mechanics papers to do
-all the mixed exercises for mechanics
-marking the chem papers
- unit 5
-quizletting chem
-biology unifying (2000-2009 papers)

✨and then the quizlet mania will begin✨

And it’s going to be 6am -9.30pm days

I acc have mocks on April 17th 1 paper per subject

Also just curious but what are ur thoughts about junior doctors striking?
Original post by Mange332
Whaa lucky u got snow day and strike days off. Year 13s and 11s here gotta come in. Might bunk on Thursday tho.. :tongue:

Also how do u find the old spec papers for chem and bio compared to new spec?

😂honestly I thought that at first until I realised that like at school we are SO behind on the spec like we haven’t touched inorganic which is low-key scary

The old spec for chem is really good defo do them they’re simpler than the new spec ofc but like it gives u a solid ground to do questions for the new spec much more easily
The bio old spec is not as great ofc it gives u more questions but at the same time like there are topics we don’t need to know anymore like types of muscles or what cartilage is (for year 2 only tho old spec for year 1 was hella useful) I would say new spec and old spec for bio are like of the same difficulty

Also just curious but what are ur thoughts about junior doctors striking?

From like a standpoint of a junior doctor with £14 pay an hour or lower I mean I defo think it was overdue especially when inflation has taken place etc
At the same time like u could argue the low(er) initial pay kinda gets offset when ur fully qualified and earning much more but it’s so far in the future like 10 yrs down the line
also I genuinely think that junior doctor pay needs to be increased in order to retain doctors in the nhs
as to like the actual striking I mean at least nurses and senior staff are still available on that day (presumably) but I do think it’ll cause a lot of backlog cuz “junior doctors are the backbone of hospitals”
wbu?
D79FD26F-D54F-4910-AA56-FF9E02DE1605.png
Die for you - Weeknd

15/03 - 33 days until mocks
-4 mechanics papers to do #1✅
-all the mixed exercises for mechanics #4
-marking the chem papers #2 ⏭️
- unit 5 #5
-quizletting chem #3
-biology unifying (2000-2009 papers) #6
D79FD26F-D54F-4910-AA56-FF9E02DE1605.png
Die for you - Weeknd

15/03 - 33 days until mocks
-all the mixed exercises for mechanics #4
-marking the chem papers #2 ⏭️
- unit 5 #5
-quizletting chem #3
-biology unifying (2000-2009 papers) #6

How does your ipad have so much storage to save for ppqs mine doesnt let me save them all 😩
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
How does your ipad have so much storage to save for ppqs mine doesnt let me save them all 😩

I save it on the iCloud and if that gets filled up goes to the storage on the iPad
Also I save them as one big document I have no idea if that makes any difference
maybe it’s because I don’t have any games on here or photos? I have no idea actually
3EE5CA1B-224F-4A2E-96A6-2239AABD7EDB.png
Weeknd - save your tears
Artic monkeys -I wanna be yours (sped up)

16/03 - 32 days until mocks
-all the mixed exercises for mechanics #4 (tomorrow morning I cba mechanics rn)
-marking the chem papers #2
- unit 5 #5 ⏭️
-marking unit 5 #6
-quizletting unit 5 #7
-quizletting chem papers #3
-biology unifying (2000-2009 papers) #8
(edited 1 year ago)
18/03-30 days till mocks
Soooo

Spoiler

18/03-30 days till mocks
Soooo

Spoiler

😂honestly I thought that at first until I realised that like at school we are SO behind on the spec like we haven’t touched inorganic which is low-key scary

The old spec for chem is really good defo do them they’re simpler than the new spec ofc but like it gives u a solid ground to do questions for the new spec much more easily
The bio old spec is not as great ofc it gives u more questions but at the same time like there are topics we don’t need to know anymore like types of muscles or what cartilage is (for year 2 only tho old spec for year 1 was hella useful) I would say new spec and old spec for bio are like of the same difficulty

From like a standpoint of a junior doctor with £14 pay an hour or lower I mean I defo think it was overdue especially when inflation has taken place etc
At the same time like u could argue the low(er) initial pay kinda gets offset when ur fully qualified and earning much more but it’s so far in the future like 10 yrs down the line
also I genuinely think that junior doctor pay needs to be increased in order to retain doctors in the nhs
as to like the actual striking I mean at least nurses and senior staff are still available on that day (presumably) but I do think it’ll cause a lot of backlog cuz “junior doctors are the backbone of hospitals”
wbu?

I'm not too sure, I wish I was like you or other med applicants who have the proper passion for it. While I agree pay does increasing as u go up, I'm not sure if I have the right mindset as I always compare myself with friends who aren"t medics and look at their potential earnings. Also I was looking on the junior doc reddit and they were complaining how its getting harder to get accepted into speciality training and many are wanting to go abroad. Icl that was my plan at first but it seems risky betting on that in like 6/7 years time. Idk I probs just need to talk to people and see how things roll out.
18/03-30 days till mocks
Soooo

Spoiler

Honestly bro don't even think about it, haven't heard back from em and probs gonna get rejected from them anyway. You still got 2 more, and like you said I think kings will tell us in April.

Remember for medicine all you need is 1 offer, which uni you go to won't affect you as a Dr

wbu?

Also looking at your posts is motivating me now to start revision properly. Usually I don't rlly do anything proper and only when exams are nearby. Ik it's like 1am but yea i feel I actually need to start now instead of leaving it till like April or may. Also I'm guessing u got ur timetables for them? We had to sign some paper which showed our exams.
I'm not too sure, I wish I was like you or other med applicants who have the proper passion for it. While I agree pay does increasing as u go up, I'm not sure if I have the right mindset as I always compare myself with friends who aren"t medics and look at their potential earnings. Also I was looking on the junior doc reddit and they were complaining how it’s getting harder to get accepted into speciality training and many are wanting to go abroad. Icl that was my plan at first but it seems risky betting on that in like 6/7 years time. Idk I probs just need to talk to people and see how things roll out.

Well when u mean *proper passion* obviously that fluctuates 😭😂
Yh defo I always look at people who have done econ and look at how they’re earning 6 figures with only 3 yrs of uni
Plus the opportunity for apprenticeships
Medicine just seems like doing 100 hurdles in a row and it seems to go on forever until we acc become like a consultant or gp
Going abroad yh defo considered that but then I remember watching a video by kharmamedic on usmle and he didn’t know if doing it was worth it
Also Dubai too
Yh same I need to just get more familiar with everything

Honestly bro don't even think about it, haven't heard back from em and probs gonna get rejected from them anyway. You still got 2 more, and like you said I think kings will tell us in April.

Remember for medicine all you need is 1 offer, which uni you go to won't affect you as a Dr

Thanks I kinda needed that ngl
I still have hope but like all in all a gap year doesn’t seem too bad in the grand scheme of 14 yrs to be a consultant

Also looking at your posts is motivating me now to start revision properly. Usually I don't rlly do anything proper and only when exams are nearby. Ik it's like 1am but yea i feel I actually need to start now instead of leaving it till like April or may. Also I'm guessing u got ur timetables for them? We had to sign some paper which showed our exams.

I really couldn’t cram bio ngl 😭 I need a good few months for all of that to sink in
Yessss we got our timetables (red ones) idk why school highlighted the yellow ones

Spoiler

Low-key a bit scary
First public exams we do cuz we’ve never done gcses either
ASTON OFFERRRRR! 🎉

Spoiler

Chemistry unit 5 marking x doctor Mike podcast 😎
I acc posted my feelings but I edited them into another post because idk but now I’ve got an offer I can post the rants for people next year when they’re still waiting for offers mid March or had two rejections in a row or more before getting an offer
Also I feel like no one ever posts about their rejections because yh I get it it’s embarrassing but bruh it looks like everyone gets an offer
So here it is

*Experience of waiting for the first offer 😭💀* (posted after I got an Aston offer)

Spoiler

39B0AA6F-8DC2-4F8C-A1A5-959FE812B002.png
50 cent -Best friend

23 days until mocks omg I need to hurry up I want to have done all the past paper stuff for bio and chem so have 3 weeks just for quizlet and maths
-Biology unifying #4
-biology marking unit 5 #1
-chemistry quizletting #2✅
-biology quizletting #3⏭️
-mechanics textbook mixed exercises #5

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)
22 days until mocks

-Biology unifying #4⏭️
-biology marking unit 5 #1
-chemistry quizletting #2✅
-biology quizletting #3
-mechanics textbook mixed exercises #5
(edited 1 year ago)
5295AB2B-ACC1-4DBC-A041-047518AD5280.png
obsessed (sped up)

19 days until mocks

-Biology unifying #4✅
🎉we have finished all the biology and chemistry past papers 🎉
And we’ve finished the spec at school 🎉

Imna just do pure maths today and then I might do two mechanics papers everyday and just QUIZLET 😎
(edited 1 year ago)
8B21A3D4-FC7A-4F6B-B372-58011B4F0B56.png
Riptide -Vance Joy

I was talking to my friends and they were like we legit have 9 days of school left and then it’s finished 😭😭 which is kinda crazy to think about
and then I was really feeling whether I got kings or not would make a big difference because tbh Birmingham and London are both huge cities so I’ll probs enjoy both
but I also want to go to London still 😭

also 9weeks and 5 days until my first exam 😫
for some reason the 9 days of school days kinda scared me 😭
like it’s all becoming so real that I’m gonna finish school soon

it’s also summer soooonnnnnn I’m tryna convince my parents if I can go on an overnight trip after exams to either London or the beaches down south with my friends it’s gonna take a bit of convincing 😂
8B21A3D4-FC7A-4F6B-B372-58011B4F0B56.png
Riptide -Vance Joy

I was talking to my friends and they were like we legit have 9 days of school left and then it’s finished 😭😭 which is kinda crazy to think about
and then I was really feeling whether I got kings or not would make a big difference because tbh Birmingham and London are both huge cities so I’ll probs enjoy both
but I also want to go to London still 😭

also 9weeks and 5 days until my first exam 😫
for some reason the 9 days of school days kinda scared me 😭
like it’s all becoming so real that I’m gonna finish school soon

it’s also summer soooonnnnnn I’m tryna convince my parents if I can go on an overnight trip after exams to either London or the beaches down south with my friends it’s gonna take a bit of convincing 😂

At your rate, not that bad. You could get A* in a level, preferably 3A*

Which places are you planning to visit in London, or which beaches down south?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending