The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Is anyone managing to get this induction booking thing working?

I sat in the queue for an hour hbut it jsut sends me to an error page. Has anyone managed to get through?
Original post by Pinejelly
I sat in the queue for an hour hbut it jsut sends me to an error page. Has anyone managed to get through?

Hi Pinejelly. The Registrar has just sent an email around highlighting that we are receiving an extraordinary high volume of enquiries by phone and on-line from students contacting both Admissions and the Accommodation website. We have had to add a queue system to control numbers of people accessing the site. Owing to the queue lengths we are advising students to try again later at quieter times ie this evening or tomorrow morning.
Sorry if this is causing inconvenience, we are working our way through what has been a hugely busy period.
Karen - University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Yeah I had the same thing. Tried queuing in the morning when the queue was only about 200 and couldn't log in before the time window expired. I'm gonna try again tonight since it's evidently way too busy at the moment.
Reply 3
Original post by University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Hi Pinejelly. The Registrar has just sent an email around highlighting that we are receiving an extraordinary high volume of enquiries by phone and on-line from students contacting both Admissions and the Accommodation website. We have had to add a queue system to control numbers of people accessing the site. Owing to the queue lengths we are advising students to try again later at quieter times ie this evening or tomorrow morning.
Sorry if this is causing inconvenience, we are working our way through what has been a hugely busy period.

Thanks for responding, but its not so much the queue thats the issue as the fact that the website just doesnt work when you get through the queue-it just displays an error. Everyone ive asked has reported the same, except for a couple who booked right when it opened at half three in the morning. Is this being worked on?
Reply 4
Original post by University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team

Thanks for responding, but its not so much the queue thats the issue as the fact that the website just doesnt work when you get through the queue-it just displays an error. Everyone ive asked has reported the same, except for a couple who booked right when it opened at half three in the morning. Is this being worked on?
I followed up all your concerns with the Accommodation Team and there does seem to be an on-going problem with the IT system. This is the message that they wanted me to pass on to you:

- Emergency maintenance is continuing on the accommodation website, which means you will not be able to log in to your accommodation account to view or accept an offer of accommodation, complete your induction or book an arrival slot.
- If you are trying to view or accept an offer of accommodation then please be reassured that your deadline will be extended.
- If you need to know your allotted arrivals date then we are working to publish these on our website later today.
- A queue system will be in place to control the numbers of people accessing the website, once it is up and running again.
- We will provide updates on our social media pages as to the system status.
- The accommodation call centre is experiencing extremely high call volumes and are unable to provide further information as to timescales of when you will be able to access your accommodation account.
- The accommodation team are unable to book arrival slots with you over the phone - this must be done via the online system
- Our phone lines will be open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday but closed on Saturday, Sunday and also Bank Holiday Monday (31 August).
We understand how frustrating this situation is and apologise for any inconvenience that this is causing. Please be assured that we are working as fast as possible to sort out the problem. Thank you for your continuing patience.

I hope that this reassures you somewhat and gives some useful information to help - particularly around extending deadlines etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending