The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Accomodation in Nottingham

Hey! I have got an offer from Nottingham Trent University for BEng Biomedical Engineering for September 2020 however, they have yet not updated my status in track! ( It's been around 14 days)
Now my concern is about accomodation. I am facing alot of problems and more than that confusions about what to do and which site to trust!
University accommodation is not guaranteed.
Moreover, I may be joining on campus in October 2020. Please suggest something!
Original post by Diya Sharma
Hey! I have got an offer from Nottingham Trent University for BEng Biomedical Engineering for September 2020 however, they have yet not updated my status in track! ( It's been around 14 days)
Now my concern is about accomodation. I am facing alot of problems and more than that confusions about what to do and which site to trust!

You need to get in contact with the university ASAP and ask why they have not updated your Track.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Good

If your track has not yet updated, then the place is not guaranteed. I understand accommodation is a worry, but I would not sign up to anything until your place has been confirmed.

Did you get this offer via clearing? Or is it a firm/insurance offer you have met the conditions of?

You need to call the uni and ideally insist on speaking to someone who can sort this for you. If the uni cannot tell you when track will be updated, then call UCAS.
Reply 4
Original post by SarcAndSpark
If your track has not yet updated, then the place is not guaranteed. I understand accommodation is a worry, but I would not sign up to anything until your place has been confirmed.

Did you get this offer via clearing? Or is it a firm/insurance offer you have met the conditions of?

You need to call the uni and ideally insist on speaking to someone who can sort this for you. If the uni cannot tell you when track will be updated, then call UCAS.

I applied via clearing!
I applied via clearing!

Ok, then you need to get on the phone to them ASAP and make sure you do actually have a place with them. Then confirm this in writing.

Do this before you start organising anything like accomadation.
Reply 6
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Ok, then you need to get on the phone to them ASAP and make sure you do actually have a place with them. Then confirm this in writing.

Do this before you start organising anything like accomadation.

Ok i will do that now!

Hi Diya Sharma,

I believe the advice you have been give is correct: if you give our Clearing hotline a call (0115 848 6000) we will be able to reassure you and give you all the guidance you need.

We still have accommodation available, so please don't worry.

If you require any further assistance, feel free to drop me a direct message.

Andrea
Reply 8
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Diya Sharma,

I believe the advice you have been give is correct: if you give our Clearing hotline a call (0115 848 6000) we will be able to reassure you and give you all the guidance you need.

We still have accommodation available, so please don't worry.

If you require any further assistance, feel free to drop me a direct message.

Andrea

I called the hotline today and she asked me to fill a form which I did right away. But now it would again take 3-5 days for evaluation of my results and other documents. One the same hand I got an offer for a place at Peverell but the deadline expires tomorrow! So I don't know what to do! I cannot confirm the booking until I get an unconditional offer.
I called the hotline today and she asked me to fill a form which I did right away. But now it would again take 3-5 days for evaluation of my results and other documents. One the same hand I got an offer for a place atPeverell but the deadline expires tomorrow! So I don't know what to do! I cannot confirm the booking until I get an unconditional offer.

Hi Diya Sharma,

Thank you for your reply. Why don't you send me a direct message? I would like to understand exactly what has happened and provide some help.

For your peace of mind, you can call our accommodation team to get an idea of our current availability in Clifton campus. Even if the room you have been offered falls through, you should be able to secure another one later on. Their telephone number is 0115 84 82894 (they are closed now, so please try tomorrow).

Thank you,

Andrea

Hi i have an accommodation for take over at Victoria House. It is only 5 minutes walk to NTU. It is 166 per week. Please let me know if you are interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending