The Student Room Group

What are you most nervous about for University?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gjd800
Not so much nervous as mildly annoyed that my uni card and dbs aren't done yet

Oh no! When does your course start?
Reply 21
Original post by becausethenight
Oh no! When does your course start?

Ostensibly on the 14th but in real terms it'll be the 28th before I need to worry. If I haven't heard by the 14th I will ask some questions in person rather than via email :lol:
Original post by gjd800
Ostensibly on the 14th but in real terms it'll be the 28th before I need to worry. If I haven't heard by the 14th I will ask some questions in person rather than via email :lol:

Ah that does make it less horrifically late than it could be :rofl: I hope they get back to you soon (or at least that you have fun going in in person to be annoyed at them :biggrin:)!
Yeah I’m kind of worried about that too - all the freshers events are being ‘marketed’ on Instagram according to my school friends and I just...don’t use it 😅 I’m hoping that most people make friends when they’re there though :biggrin:

I think unis have more mature students than we typically imagine? And I’m at least one 18yo who’d be up for meeting someone a bit older - I’ve heard about 1/4 of my course is 19+!

I can relate to this so much
Mostly I'm worried about running out of money and being swamped under the workload.
Not drinking
Not being good enough
Not making friends
Not being able to go home at Christmas
Added unknowns this year
Original post by DGeorge13
I can relate to this so much

:five: no social media gang! :biggrin:
I also really relate to not drinking, getting pressure on that one already :/

Hadn’t thought about Christmas :eek: At least High Holidays is before term starts (big Jewish holiday) so I’ll be home for that

Hadn’t thought about Christmas :eek: At least High Holidays is before term starts (big Jewish holiday) so I’ll be home for that

That’s good for you - my family is religious though so not too sure about that with us
Most worried about drinking. Pubs are open now and everyone else in my flat loves to drink and I don't...how awkward.
Reply 29

Same here I dont have Insta the only thing I have is Twitter and Whatsapp.
I dont drink as well but am sure there are plenty of people like us.
Original post by A_J_B

yes there will be - just like how I am not a fan of drinking either!
Original post by Anonymous
Mostly I'm worried about running out of money and being swamped under the workload.

Makes sense - it’s really hard to know how to plan and budget before you know what day-to-day life is like...

I’m just hoping they ease us in to the workload very gradually :biggrin:
Original post by DGeorge13
That’s good for you - my family is religious though so not too sure about that with us

Ah that really sucks then. I guess even when lockdown was fully on people left halls to go home and stuff? Depending on when your term finishes it could work out :dontknow:

There’s just so much uncertainty this year.
Original post by A_J_B

Is Twitter not just the worst social media to have :rofl: I just have a Facebook I’m currently locked out of and WhatsApp (and TSR I suppose)!

I hope so - I’ve talked to a few people who don’t drink at my uni and they said it was OK (my only concern is that they were Muslim which is an easy way to shut the conversation down, whereas my experiences with 6th form of just saying ‘I don’t like it’ were a bit more other people trying to talk me into it which is just annoying)
I find it weird when people talk about friends more than the actual course but the loneliness does hinder in my mind. If anything I am nervous about not being confident in certain areas of the course since I am doing a practical course
the extent I am going to be forced into social stuff. I am not into it at all. Call me "weird" or whatever but I seriously do not enjoy being around people and would rather be alone studying or doing my hobbies.
Ah that really sucks then. I guess even when lockdown was fully on people left halls to go home and stuff? Depending on when your term finishes it could work out :dontknow:

There’s just so much uncertainty this year.

I hope so. It would be so nice to get to a Christmas mass as I literally live opposite my church . I kind of wish there was more certainty we just don't know - especially local lockdowns
Mainly concerned about living independently and managing my time effectively. I'm used to doing absolutely nothing for months now because of the global situation.
Original post by Ratchet Hoe
I find it weird when people talk about friends more than the actual course but the loneliness does hinder in my mind. If anything I am nervous about not being confident in certain areas of the course since I am doing a practical course

I get that - the course is the most important thing overall! I guess I feel like I know I’m going to like the course (fingers crossed!) but I’ve less control over meeting people?

Oh, what course are you doing? I’m hoping everyone will be in the same boat with practical elements so we can all be terrible together :biggrin:
Original post by IQuitTSR
the extent I am going to be forced into social stuff. I am not into it at all. Call me "weird" or whatever but I seriously do not enjoy being around people and would rather be alone studying or doing my hobbies.

No, fair enough! You know what you like :smile:

Since we’re “adults” now I don’t think the uni can force us to do anything we don’t want to - so you could just spend freshers in your room I think!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending