The Student Room Group

in a class with just boys HELP

My friend doesn't have student room so she wanted me to post this for her :smile:
so basically she is going to sixth form on Monday and in one of her classes it is just her with loads of boys in the class. She has never spoken to a boy or anything like that and is absolutely terrified, because of her subject choices she cant swap, so can anyone offer her some advice?
She thinks they will be mean to her
Original post by emmyisthebest01
My friend doesn't have student room so she wanted me to post this for her :smile:
so basically she is going to sixth form on Monday and in one of her classes it is just her with loads of boys in the class. She has never spoken to a boy or anything like that and is absolutely terrified, because of her subject choices she cant swap, so can anyone offer her some advice?

I think they will be more likely to flirt with her!
Original post by tiny hobbit
I think they will be more likely to flirt with her!

really ahahahah do u think they will be nice?
as long as she finds the actual subject fine, it’s fine
you can always ask the teacher if you want to move away and work more independently
What subject is she studying?
There was only 2 girls who studied physics when I was in college (I was one of them) and we were both put in seperate classes.
Reassure your friend she will be fine. She will make friends. Talking to boys is like talking to any other human being. She may find it uncomfortable at first, but she'll get used to it.
She could talk to her teacher too, mention she finds things a bit uncomfortable and then at least she'll have a trusted adult looking out for her.
Honestly though, she'll be fine. She can hang with her gal pals outside of that one class and in theory, if she's doing the work, she won't need to be speaking to anyone anyway!
Guys are actually nicer than girls I think, they’ll just joke and stuff, I think they’ll leave her alone but wouldn’t mind talking to her
Lol it probably won't be as bad as she thinks I'm 13 so I haven't spoken to boys of that age but I'm friends with a few boys and their honestly just a bit of a laugh, don't stress about it it should be fine and if there are any real problems I'm sure the school will deal with it appropriately
Original post by Always_Confused
There was only 2 girls who studied physics when I was in college (I was one of them) and we were both put in seperate classes.
Reassure your friend she will be fine. She will make friends. Talking to boys is like talking to any other human being. She may find it uncomfortable at first, but she'll get used to it.
She could talk to her teacher too, mention she finds things a bit uncomfortable and then at least she'll have a trusted adult looking out for her.
Honestly though, she'll be fine. She can hang with her gal pals outside of that one class and in theory, if she's doing the work, she won't need to be speaking to anyone anyway!

she's doing politics :smile: thank you for the advice I will go and show her now!!

she's doing politics :smile: thank you for the advice I will go and show her now!!

Original post by hallaluliah
Guys are actually nicer than girls I think, they’ll just joke and stuff, I think they’ll leave her alone but wouldn’t mind talking to her

Any advice on how to talk to boys since she has never actually spoken to one before, and used to go to an all girls school so she didn't really see boys often

she's taking politics :smile: thank you for the advice I will go and tell her
Original post by emmyisthebest01

You gotta become one of us otherwise you won’t survive.
Original post by The Torrent
You gotta become one of us otherwise you won’t survive.

oh damn and how do u do that lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending